Skybird,,Sky King,,??Now "SkyMaster??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt4957

Was listening to 11175 On Thursday at 3PM Pacific time thereabouts and heard a station call up,,"Skymaster,Skymaster"" ,,is this new or am I just needing to listen to my HF More often.
I haven`t been listening much but Thursday there seemingly was a good excersise going on with a lot of EAMs from an airborne contact.

Rt4957

Hooligan

While the Skymaster callword hasn't been around as long as Sky King & Sky Bird, it has been around for a while, & it's use is similar to the others.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I've heard "Skymaster" for quite a while now. I'm very bad on dates, but I would guess at least 8 years.
I remember hearing "Skyking" a long time ago at a friend's house whose dad had an old Hammarlund HQ-160 sitting next to his chair where he sat from the moment he got home from work till he went to bed, He had the bladder capacity of a Camel! Drinking warm Blatz beer after Blatz beer and looking very sad. I would be sad if I was drinking warm Blatz too! But the sad thing is, he did it by choice as he was just too lazy to walk 30 feet to the refrigerator. I loved playing with that old Hammarlund. He usually listened to Polish broadcasts, he was born over there. I was always more interested in utility type traffic, and when he tuned those signals in, it was always a highlight..

Status
Not open for further replies.