WWV outage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intuity

Anyone else notice WWV is quiet? I can't pick up anything from WWV, WWVH, or WWVB, and usually the 5 and 10 mhz WWV broadcasts are loud and clear all the time for me, with WWVH on 2.5 and 5 coming in at night - but what's thrown me for a loop is not picking up WWVB's 60khz signal...

Dead quiet from all WWV from a few WebSDR's I checked too. *shrug* Maybe Brother Stair was right, tis the end of time.... :D

majoco

Stirrer
Big Aurora forecast for last night and tonight (Thursday 7th local) down here - too cloudy for me to see anything at 0300 local time/1500 zulu - I set the alarm!

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as nd5y points out, there was a G3 radio blackout earlier today:

They list the degrees of radio blackouts as well as geomagnetic and solar radiation storms here: NOAA Space Weather Scales | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

I recall once back in the 80's we had a G5 blackout. I turned my SW radio on and other than local AM stations, there was absolutely nothing anywhere above the broadcast band. The volume of the background hiss was slowly rising and falling kind of like waves breaking on a beach. It lasted most of the day.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
CHU has a very low signal on 3330 khz

No signal on 7850 kHz, 14670 kHz

as of 19 35 utc 09/09/17

autovon

Ø
Anyone else getting a popping sound on the 10 MHz audio? I only hear it on that freq. Has been going on for at least a week.

eta: nevermind, it's got to be local noise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.