HF-GCS having fun with the date, Feb 14, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

The HF-GCS network is not really something I pay a lot of attention to. After a few EAMs and Skykings it can get pretty boring waiting for the odd phone patch. However, I do occasionally tune to it just for grins, and I often end up recording messages on HF-GCS in the process of grabbing spectrum for other purposes.

Such was the case with the first Skyking of the day at 0453 UTC on Feb 14, 2018.
http://www.tokenradio.net/Radio/SharedFiles/AudTfer/Skyking_Roses_4724kHz_USB_14022018_0453.mp3

Now you don't think that code word was an accident, do you?

T!

unclejed613

for about the last year, i've been hearing SKYKING messages using the names of rock bands (i.e. boston, zeppelin. skynard, pink floyd, yardbirds, etc...) as the codeword. interesting.

AD227529

Anyone know what the code word "goal post" means? They used to just give the name of their base, such as Andrews, Offutt, etc. I wonder where "goal post" is?

Token

Anyone know what the code word "goal post" means? They used to just give the name of their base, such as Andrews, Offutt, etc. I wonder where "goal post" is?

They have not used the name of the base for a couple of years now, they have gone to rotating callsigns. And that is probably what you heard, a callsign of "GOAL POST". If so they will use it for 24 hours and then rotate to a new one.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.