Williston PD on CCSO repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

methusaleh

The past couple weeks, it seems that WPD's day-to-day operations are now taking place on the sheriff's repeaters, 460;450R, DCS114 (south) and DCS205 (north). Analog in the clear.

453.850R, CTCSS 118.8, seems to get almost no use except the occasional car-to-car. 453.850, as a frequency in general, mainly seems to be used in P25 mode ($764, encrypted) lately.

I do know one person on WPD, but I am not going to bother him with what he will think of as silly radio questions, however if my agency trains with them, I will no doubt run into a gentleman who will be much more helpful.

Anyone know what the formalities of this are?

SentinelVT

The past couple weeks, it seems that WPD's day-to-day operations are now taking place on the sheriff's repeaters, 460;450R, DCS114 (south) and DCS205 (north). Analog in the clear.

453.850R, CTCSS 118.8, seems to get almost no use except the occasional car-to-car. 453.850, as a frequency in general, mainly seems to be used in P25 mode ($764, encrypted) lately.

I do know one person on WPD, but I am not going to bother him with what he will think of as silly radio questions, however if my agency trains with them, I will no doubt run into a gentleman who will be much more helpful.

Anyone know what the formalities of this are?

I have noticed the same thing with regard to their primary channel, which is not being used much anymore. I haven't heard them on VSP in the evenings/overnights as I used to either. I do not however listen to the CCSO channel anymore. Last I knew CCSO was making the swap to go to encrypted once they finishing upgrading all of their radios. So...it would not surprise me if Williston PD is doing the same. Of course, I cannot tell you what WPD is doing for sure.

methusaleh

I did see the reply but just haven't had time to relax and sit down to write more.

CCSO comms are still mainly analog in the clear, you may as well tune in. Tones are D-114 and D-205. Very rarely do they go P25 encrypted. If I recall correctly, the P25 capability is only on the northern repeater and the southern one is still the older setup.

SentinelVT

I ended up adding CCSO back into my APX to confirm.

From the sounds of it, the Williston PD dispatchers have taken over all operations on the CCSO channel and added their units to it as well. They are the same voices from back when Williston was using their own channel during the daytime. I haven't heard some of the former CCSO base dispatchers on the channel in quite a while.

In terms of encryption, I believe you are spot on. The north repeater is absolutely has the ability to enable P25 and in some very rare instances I have heard individual units using it on the primary repeater. Seems to be the case of the officer (sheriff) enabling "secure" on their portable/mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.