• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka34

I am trying to program a vertex vx-800v,I can get it to up load from the radio to the computer but when I try to get it to load the radio after I make ajustments that I need it keeps saying ERR 1,and the computer says radio not responding.I am using a USB cable and the CE31 program.I hope some one can help.thanks

N8IAA

I am trying to program a vertex vx-800v,I can get it to up load from the radio to the computer but when I try to get it to load the radio after I make ajustments that I need it keeps saying ERR 1,and the computer says radio not responding.I am using a USB cable and the CE31 program.I hope some one can help.thanks

Comport set correctly?
Larry

auxscan

I have a vx-800u, what you need is a comport programming cable not a USB cable! Usb will brick your radio. Orginal cable are perfered but aftermaket cable may work fine.
something like this.....Programming cable for Vertex radio VX-600 VX-800 VX-900 - eBay (item 350198868539 end time Mar-02-10 09:16:09 PST)

I've posted this in another forum regarding the same thing.

materials you need...

1st. make sure that software is original not a demo.
2nd. use an old laptop or computer. (im using a compact laptop running on win/2000) you can find some on ebay for 30-60 bucks.
3rd. orginal cable is perffered but the aftermaket is okay.

----------------------------------------------------------
setting up the radio.........
1st. make sure the battery is fully charged! its a must!
2nd. make sure the cable is in tight and in the right comport.
3rd. turn your radio and the screen should display. ---.------
4th. closed the radio and go to the top of the window where it says radio and click upload.
5th follow the on screen insturtions and when it says the turn the radio on turn the volume all the way up! this is important! or you'll get an ERROR_2 message and the dealer is the only one that could fix it.
then the screen will display "PC CLONE" leave it open throughout the programming.
6th. make sure you enter all the proper frequencies, and the set N for narrow freqs and W for wide freqs.
7th. do NOT enter transimt frequencies for public safety or other freqs that you not athorized to TX on!
Public safety system can sting you radio and kill it. which would make it a brick.
8th. Click upload and click okay when it finishes uploading.
9. close your radio and disconnect it from the cable.

TIPS
"when you download from the screen, follow the instrutions on the screen. turn the volume all the way up when asked to turn you radio back on. the LCD on the Radio should say "sending" once finished downloading the LCD on screen will "PC CLONE" which means you have entered programming mode. LEAVE THE RADIO ON DURING THE PROGRAMMING. when uploading the radio LCD will say "loading" on finished the radio will say "PL CLONE" turn the radio off and remove it from the cable. MAKE SURE YOU BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE YOU START PROGRAMMING.

hope this works well for you!
work at your own risk! many dealers charge $1-$2 per a channel. so if your not fimilar with the software or radio let a dealer do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.