• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

vxr1000-vx2200 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkn74

Ok I have a vxr1000 repeater uhf and need to hook it up to a vx2200 vhf. Question is has anyone done this and have a diagram/notes on what they did. I got the diagram from vertex and could not get it to work. Changed a few things around inside the radio side of the dsub and got it to work. I just want to make sure I did it right so I can get the best out of my radio.
Thanks again
Bobby

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Did you use the tech bulletin: L213 ?

Make the following solder jumper changes inside the VXR-1000:
JP1 – closed
JP2 – closed
JP3 – open
JP4 – closed
JP5 – closed

John

bkn74

yes I did. even made the circuit with the resistors and it did not work. the radio would not turn repeater on/off. I put the repeater jumpers back to factory and hooked up the dsub this way pin 1-brn, 2 blue, 6 ylw, 9 red, 10 purp, 15 blk... changed the settings in the radio and everything works fine. My question is has anyone used the l213 bulletin and set it up that way and it worked??
I had no luck whatsoever.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Are you talking about power to the VXR1000 unit?

If so you need to connect the Green wire to +13.8Vdc to turn it on and off.
I use the parking brake switch and a relay to turn it off and on.
No need to have it on during driving so it's only on when you put the parking brake on or you can use the neutral safety switch on the shiftier then it turns on when the vehicle is in park.

If your not talking about the power to the VXR1000 then the only thing I can think of it
the VX2200 and VXR1000 settings listed in Section II and Section III of the L213.

Let me know I will help all I can.

John

bkn74

The way it is currently set up p3 on the radio turns it on and off. I just had to hook it up without using the circuit inside the dsub as the diagram shows.

bkn74

nope. the diagram calls for 12v and ground connected with resistors. i did that with no luck. not knowing anything about radios i decided to play around since vertexes and repeaters are so cheap. eventually i got it to work without frying anything besides my fingertips. instead of pin 7 from the dsub9(purp) connecting to dsub15 pins 3,4,10 its just connected to pin 10. Why they want you to connect 12v+ and - to that one pin I have no idea. But it you do it by the diagram it will not work.

VSTech

Please verify these settings have been completed

Set the following program parameters in the VX-2200 via the CE-82 software:
In Common Data – Key Assignment, set any one of the keys for the “Ext ACC 2” function.
(This key will be used to switch the VXR-1000 on and off. The “A” icon will be shown in
the radio’s display when the VXR-1000 is switched on.
In Common Data – DSUB-15 – Output Port, set ACC I/O Port 1 for “ACC2 ” function
In Common Data – DSUB-15 – Output Port, set ACC I/O Port 2 for “AF Mute”
In Common Data – Miscellaneous, set External PTT to “Enabled”'

Since you just bought it, you need to use the ( ) color codes for the cable

If it still fails to turn on ACC I/O port which is pin9, the zener diode D1049 has shorted and is not allowing the correct signal to be sent to the VXR-1000. Sorry its underneath the mainboard.

Verify the issue,
In Common Data – DSUB-15 – Output Port, change ACC I/O Port 3 for “ACC2 ” function, but now Pin9 is Pin11

K7AZ

Feed Provider
VXR-1000 Programming Error

I am attempting to program a VXR-1000 UHF repeater and keep getting Time Out messages on either Read or Write attempts. Radio goes into Clone mode when programming cable is connected.
Also looking for tweak to use this in 440-450 ham band.

Thank you,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.