• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX-354 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewalt

Hi
I bought a vertex vx-354 radio. I bought the software and the program cable. I installed the software on my laptop. I get a box that says I need drivers to for the cable to program the radio. When I bught the cable I did not get a cd with drivers on it. I need some help on this? Do I need to buy a different cable or something? I read somewhere that it takes 2 cables and 2 softwares to program the radio.

Thank You

wa2chj

Hi Firewalt. You do not need two cables, only the one that plugs into the speaker/mike jack of the VX-354. Because you're using a laptop, it appears you are using a USB cable. You DO need a driver for the USB cable. If you're using a serial cable, you do not need a driver. Where ever you got the USB cable from should have provided a driver or a link to where you can get it. USB drivers can be very finnicky, and depending on what chip is in your USB cable, can be very hard to get working. Contact the cable seller for a driver.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
wa2chj is correct.
You should have a CD or Mini CD with the cable.

Contact them and ask for the driver.
If it's an aftermarket cable I would bet it's a PL-2303 usb serial driver that you will need.

firewalt

Hi Guys
I contacted the place I bought my program cable from. The place sent me the drivers. I am good to go. Now my son bought the same radio. Is there a way to change the Frequency Range MHz to 134.00000 thought 174,00000 on my sons radio? His radio has 450/512 MHz. Is there a way to do a Page self test on this radio?

Thank you

cabletech

Hi Guys Now my son bought the same radio. Is there a way to change the Frequency Range MHz to 134.00000 thought 174,00000 on my sons radio? His radio has 450/512 MHz.
Thank you

Can you change a chevy to a ford????? Same problem.

Radios are made to operate in a specific band/range and they can not be made to work in another band/range unless the radio is made as a 'dual' band radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.