• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dual RF Deck VX-5500 Programming Issues/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkbait08

I have two working Vertex VX-5500 units (one a VHF C deck, the other a UHF D deck) that I am trying to reconfigure into a single control head, dual band set-up. I can not seem to get the programing software to recognize them in order to program them as a dual RF deck configuration.

I have successfully programmed several different Vertex handhelds and both of these 5500's as individuals, but I can't seem to figure out how to set them up as a pair.

Does anyone have a procedure for how to do this process start to finish?

I have the instructions that come with the remote head kit, which tells me where to connect all the wires in order to physically set it up as a single control head and dual RF deck system. But there is no programming information. I did figure out through the programming software that my UHF deck needs to be the "slave unit", and changed it to that, but that didn't help me any.

Any help would be appreciated! Let me know if there's more info you need in order to help me figure this out.

VSTech

Verify CT-72 VSTD# AAA26X001 and VPL-1 Cable VSTD# A06420002.
Verify inconnection cables between radios and control head
Connect CT-72 to master mobile, Place mobiles in PC CLONE, Select in CE-49, Common>Hardware change the parameters to RF Deck Capability>Multiple RF Deck, Setup Master & Slave, then try to upload

Sharkbait08

I did all the steps you said, was able to confirm my UHF deck is in slave, started a new program file for multiple RF Deck mode (this was my problem before I think), but as soon as I tried to download the file to the radio, I got an error message:

"MPU does not respond to the clone command.

Make sure the following points.
1, COM port configuration. (Is set correctly)
2, Cable connection with PC. (It read just fine from the radios immediately prior to my attempt)
3, Frequency band of the radio. (As verified by reading both I have a VHF C and UHF D)
4, Firmware version. (Not sure what to check here)
5, Deck Model. (VX-5500V and VX-5500U)"

Not sure where to go from there... Anyone know of a Vertex programmer/dealer near New Orleans?

VSTech

Firmware should be v4.40. Hold the up & down arrows while powering up the radio, then turn the channel switch to veiw firmware.
Need to verify cables from the RMK's are connected correctly.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 798

Rpugh

Premium Subscriber
I am haveing the same problem with the vx 6000 vhf/uhf it seam it can not see the slave radio

Status
Not open for further replies.