• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex vx-829 mod for ham bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2meg

Anyone know how to get CE-59 Ver 4.04 into dealer mode or is there is mod to get this radio into the ham bands. 450 mhz - 520 mhz is the spread on my radio. I want to get 450 mhz down to 440 mhz.
Sorry if this was asked before, I did not find anything on this here... I also have a vx-4207 on 403mhz-470mhz and I would like to get that to RX on the UHF T band to listen to local PD...
thanks in advsance for any help...

Pablo n2meg...

n2meg

Anyone know how to get CE-59 Ver 4.04 into dealer mode or is there is mod to get this radio into the ham bands. 450 mhz - 520 mhz is the spread on my radio. I want to get 450 mhz down to 440 mhz.
Sorry if this was asked before, I did not find anything on this here... I also have a vx-4207 on 403mhz-470mhz and I would like to get that to RX on the UHF T band to listen to local PD...
thanks in advsance for any help...

Pablo n2meg...

ok 99 views and no response that's nice! I guess someone is going to ask how I did it. I got the vx-829 modded.
Now for the vx-4207

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
You need a Hex Editor... And the edit the Default File... I have a VX-P829 and did the same... I have at home and will try to post how to later...

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I know I've never had any luck taking any of the Vertex stuff out of band besides the VXD720 and the 7200.

I had a VX420 I was trying to get down into the hamband but all the info I cam across wouldn't work.

n2meg

You need a Hex Editor... And the edit the Default File... I have a VX-P829 and did the same... I have at home and will try to post how to later...

Yes I did the vx-829 it works great, I hex edit the file.
Now the vx-4207 I also Hexed and I got it out of band but that did not work. I have also noticed with the new versions of the programs you can't put the programs in dealer mode. Has anyone got the CE-59 to go into that mode so you can just change the greyed out frequency spread?

n2meg

Now the vx-4207 I also Hexed and I got it out of band but that did not work. I have also noticed with the new versions of the programs you can't put the programs in dealer mode. Has anyone got the CE-59 to go into that mode so you can just change the greyed out frequency spread?

O.k. After Hexing and getting the software into dealer mode, the mod works but the vx-4207 radio will not RX or TX out of band. So much for that. Thanks all for the help!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
O.k. After Hexing and getting the software into dealer mode, the mod works but the vx-4207 radio will not RX or TX out of band. So much for that. Thanks all for the help!

how far out of band did you try to go out of curiosity.

n2meg

how far out of band did you try to go out of curiosity.

I did up to 480.000 that didn't work, did 512.000, 520.000 what happends the software goes there but
the radio on the upper modded freq will start blinking on the screen. 476.XXXX will blink on the radio
nothing can be heard but will TX, I did not check for power output. This is on the VX-4207 403-470 MHZ version.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I did up to 480.000 that didn't work, did 512.000, 520.000 what happends the software goes there but

the radio on the upper modded freq will start blinking on the screen. 476.XXXX will blink on the radio

nothing can be heard but will TX, I did not check for power output.

Sounds like the VCO isn't locking. You might be able to get to lock. What you will need is a volt meter and a service monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASTRORADIOS168

Premium Subscriber

you have the file ?? would like it can u do 470 + on A version UHF ??

Status
Not open for further replies.