• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

vertex vx-160u

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2chj

Just FYI, CE44 runs on everything I've ever tried it on. XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. If you use a computer without a serial port and use a USB adapter, sometimes the drivers can be an issue as can finding the right COM port, but it will work with just about anything.

vip3r82

Thanks!

Just FYI, CE44 runs on everything I've ever tried it on. XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. If you use a computer without a serial port and use a USB adapter, sometimes the drivers can be an issue as can finding the right COM port, but it will work with just about anything.

Thanks, I will reinstall the program on my laptop with Win.8. since all my other vertex programs are on it as well.

vip3r82

lost

Thanks, I will reinstall the program on my laptop with Win.8. since all my other vertex programs are on it as well.

for some reason I cannot get this program to work at all. I install it and then cannot find the icon to click to open the program at all. Tried installing compat. mode for Windows XP, Vista, and 8. still nothing.

wa2chj

It's not like most other programs. It doesn't put an icon on your desk top automatically. You have to go into the folder - usually in Programs - and right click on the Application file that shows the little Vertex HT icon. Then select "send to" and send it to your desk top. The icon will then appear on your desk top and you should be all set. Alternatively, you can just double click on the application icon and start the program from the Programs folder. Either way I'll bet the program installed properly, it just doesn't put the icon on the desk top, but that's the way it is.

vip3r82

still no luck

It's not like most other programs. It doesn't put an icon on your desk top automatically. You have to go into the folder - usually in Programs - and right click on the Application file that shows the little Vertex HT icon. Then select "send to" and send it to your desk top. The icon will then appear on your desk top and you should be all set. Alternatively, you can just double click on the application icon and start the program from the Programs folder. Either way I'll bet the program installed properly, it just doesn't put the icon on the desk top, but that's the way it is.

Picture of the file ce44 after I open it.

Attachments

• ckyhgcyhkgckhgc.JPG
    ckyhgcyhkgckhgc.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,210

wa2chj

That's where it puts the data files, and where it will put any radio plugs you program. The actual program itself is in a folder under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", I think. I'm at work right now, so I can't look and see where it puts them. IIRC, it creates a file folder called "Vertex" or "CE86" and puts the program in there. I'll check when I get home tonight. Since it created the data files and folder, the rest probably is there as well. I have the programs here at work, but have them installed on a USB drive, so it's a non-standard installation.

vip3r82

Okay

That's where it puts the data files, and where it will put any radio plugs you program. The actual program itself is in a folder under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", I think. I'm at work right now, so I can't look and see where it puts them. IIRC, it creates a file folder called "Vertex" or "CE86" and puts the program in there. I'll check when I get home tonight. Since it created the data files and folder, the rest probably is there as well. I have the programs here at work, but have them installed on a USB drive, so it's a non-standard installation.

I looked around on my system, and took a pic of both program file locations so you can see what I see.
Only place I even see anything with vertex is under windows with the file name "vertex standard." all 3 window shots are posted here.

Attachments

• 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 123456.jpg
    123456.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 1234567.jpg
    1234567.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,087

cabletech

push your windows key then click on programs skroll down to vertex or vertex standard and you will find the progrom.
click on it and it will open just fine.

Nice and easy. very simple

vip3r82

lol

push your windows key then click on programs skroll down to vertex or vertex standard and you will find the progrom.
click on it and it will open just fine.

Nice and easy. very simple

thanks but that's no help at all. lol only "vertex" or "vertex standard" file in my whole computer system is in the C: were is shows the files program and program x86. and under that area of Apps I am only showing my 2 vx programs one for the 2200 mobile and the vx350 program. no ce44.

wa2chj

OK. I never made it home in time last night to look on that computer. I'll get to it over the weekend. When you installed CE44, did you get any errors...or did it got to the "Finish" screen?

wa2chj

OK, finally got a chance to look at my home computer, The path to the .exe file is as follows:

Computer
OS C:
Vertex Standard
CE44 for Windows
ce44win.exe

If that's not there, I'd uninstall the CE44 program and try reinstalling it. If it still doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with the installation disk, if that's what you're using. Try installing it from the Vertex Standard site. You can download a .zip file of CE44. An account is free as is downloading any of the programming software.

vip3r82

OK, finally got a chance to look at my home computer, The path to the .exe file is as follows:

Computer
OS C:
Vertex Standard
CE44 for Windows
ce44win.exe

If that's not there, I'd uninstall the CE44 program and try reinstalling it. If it still doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with the installation disk, if that's what you're using. Try installing it from the Vertex Standard site. You can download a .zip file of CE44. An account is free as is downloading any of the programming software.

I am downloading software from vertex Website, no disk. but will try again.

T1poirier

Missing CE44 exe resolved?

Hi this issue is exactly what I am facing, was there ever a resolution?

I've downloaded the software directly from Vertex's site, but after a successful installation on windows 7 64 bit PC, I have no exe to open the software. In the directory mentioned here I have the configuration and code plug files but no exe. Running a search for it turns up nothing, but if I go to the control panel and look at the installed programs I can see the CE44 software in the list.

I've tried re-downloading it to make sure the download wasn't corrupt and that was the same. I've tried the installer on another PC (Windows 8.1) with the same results.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

cmdrwill

I believe this is older software that does not put a Icon on the screen.

You would have to right click and use 'New Shortcut'. Look for CE44 and the .exe and click that.

You may have to run CE44 in 32 bit. OR XP compatibility..

T1poirier

Thanks for your reply, the issue is that in the directory with the other CE44 files there is no exe. I have the code plug files, and the configuration files, but it looks like the installer did not include an executable file. I checked the extensions on the file folder and none were .exe type. I have the programming software for the vx-400 (CE24) & vx-350 series (CE86) running just fine and both of those have the exe located in the same directory as the other files.

Attachments

• Ce44Missing.PNG
    Ce44Missing.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 640
Status
Not open for further replies.