• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

eVerge EVX-5400 Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gashliquor

Premium Subscriber
Greeting to all!

First post to, I use the site mostly for it's other features, Like using RT systems software for my ham rigs.
I can just add repeatersi n them in seconds.

I would like to know from some 5400 owners what do you think of the radio?, I also use Kenwood 7180H's here but got away from the Kenwood line as you must buy new from Kenwood dealers in your area.

Well Dealers are suppose to sell that way.

Anyway the Kenwood analogs will stay in use and I just purchased a few EVX-5400's because I think they are a good deal and you can buy from any dealer you like without a song and a dance. Plus there is a eVerge coupon from a certain dealer that comes here that add's $20.00 off per radio. I'm VHF not UHF.

I purchased some assy's to, Only thing I don't care for is WHY they used a mini UHF on the back of these radios.

I have a online acct so the software is free, I use the international SW so I can go WFM on my 2m repeater and stay NFM on the business band. So how do you think the radios perform in T/R in audio quality?

k7plt

Very good actually! Having been in sales for Amateur equipment and now doing repairs on Commercial equipment, I think the eVerge series is going to be VERY successful for performance and value!

Gashliquor

Premium Subscriber
Vertex Standard maybe very successful in bugs in there radio and software and thats 100%, IMO stick with Motorola or Kenwood.

I have some 5400's that weren't even aligned at the factory and Vertex Standards answer was that Japan told them that after the radios left there China plant there radios are sent to another depot to
get aligned, Except they never did it, Great QC.

The radio has been out two years now about, Go ahead and download there manuals for the eVX-5300/5400 there is enough of errors that VS has been blind from it for 2 years until I said something.

The digital enhanced privacy has a bug, Go ahead and make a 10 digital privacy code starting with a "0" or using multi zeros it don't fly, You make think its getting programmed to the radio but go ahead and read your
radio. The 10 digital privacy code is no longer there. You need to be more then a radio programmer for this chinese BUILT but Japan engineered radio.

There Tech support there is 2 guys that try real hard to help you. I didn't know this part though until the manager of Vertex Standard called me.

When radios are built for Vertex Standard there shipped here to the U.S.A and handed over to Vertex Standard with software and a programming cable and said to them HERE YOU GO you figure it out, How do i know because as of this message the manager of Vertex Standard is in Florida where i'm at on vacation and he told me straight out of his mouth.

I had a problem with the DIGITAL TAGS not showing correct, It ONLY took 7 weeks to figure out and that goes back to these radios are built with NO SUPPORT given to the tech support in the USA, There on there own to figure it out, Great company huh and it also goes back to the old saying you get what you PAY for.

There manual even says it sends Analog text messages.....REALLY....I like to see that, Kinda like the 5400 sends and receives digital messages is more like it. IMO do yourself a favor just because the name MOTOROLA comes up owning VS it has nothing to do with it, Buy Motorola or Kenwood you won't wait 7 weeks for tech support to figure out whats wrong EVEN though they SEE it on there own radios!.

This company is on the MERCY of Japan and if Japan says nothing YOUR DOOMED.

I'm seeing alot of slack about different models also in these forums, That should speak for itself.

Last edited:

zs6jpl

eVerge EVX-5400 Reply

I have been using one on the DMR-MARC network for nearly 3 months now. Initially I had issues syncing to the network repeaters unless my input level into the repeater was high. I did an upgrade to firmware v1.15 and it fixed that issue for me.

I still can not get the text messaging to work sending from Vertex to MotoTRBO radio and other way as well. There is no problem sending between EVX radio's.

I have not been able to roam with the EVX radio on the network either, I have to duplicate all the channels for each frequency in the programming.

The general feedback from many contacts worked is the audio is excellent. The scanning between talkgroups is fast and works well. Pity you can not scan DMR and analog channels simultaneously.

Nice radio but not quite a Motorola DM mobile.

Johan

Gashliquor

Premium Subscriber
Actually they did have a BUG in there firmware for Digital text messages, However firmware upgrade 1.19/1.10 should address that.

AMEN there NOT even close to a Motorola, But there digital modulation I give that a 150%.

Motorola should be ashamed, That's why they ONLY OWN Vertex Standard. They don't want nothing to do with them.

Did you try Tech Support, I'm LOL now!. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.