• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vxd- read/clone error

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
I just received my VXD-720 back from repair and now I cant read or clone them. The dealer was able to though.

ERROR GIVEN: Code Plug Version not supported, Error # 1027

I am using:

Windows 7
Vertex Standard version 4.0 (Build 28)
USB Cable (Which works)

New Radios:
CP Version:13.02.01
Firmware Version: R01.12.13

I am able though to read/write my older radios which are:

CP Version:08.01.01
Firmware Version: R01.07.04

Any help would be appreciated

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
time to open a support case on your VXOL account and have them look into it. It is entirely possible that they have a newer clone editor than 4.0 (which is what I have on my VXOL acct) and just haven't added it yet.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I updated my VXD720 to 1.12.13 last week. I just successfully read and wrote with Clone Editor 3.6 Build 27.

Funny, because it was labled 4.0 wideband under the Vertex site.

FastusBirdus

Take one of your older radios and do a firmware update to R01.12.13 (available from VSOL). Then read it out. You will then be able to clone that into the first radio.

Had the same problem when some of mine came back from repair. At that time, the new firmware hadn't been posted on VSOL, so I had to write a new program.

Motorola actually does the warranty repairs on the VXDs and this firmware also correlates to the latest for the Mototrbo XPR6000 series. No Mototrbo proprietary features have been added though. It took many calls to Vertex Standard before they actually got the firmware from Motorola to post on VSOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.