• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-921 won't transmit on repeated channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfyre713

Hello,

I'm looking for some help. I have a vx-921 radio that I have successfully programmed but it won't transmit on channels that programmed as repeated (duplex) channels. All simplex channels work perfectly fine. I do have the toggle switch on top programmed for talkaround mode but that has been tested and is not the culprit. Also, the PL/sub audio tones are programmed correctly as well. Finally, when I do push the PTT button, the red light comes on indicating that it is attempting to transmit but nothing comes over. It receives on the repeated channels just fine.

Some other notes:

1) The repeater(s) are up and running.
2) I have taken the same codeplug and put it into another radio and that radio works perfectly fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.