• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vxr-1000 to kenwood radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

p-o66601

Premium Subscriber
need your opinion

I have to plug my Kenwood tk-7360h to vxr-1000. here is the pinout of the mobile radio :

1 SB O Battery voltage output. 1 amp max
2 IGN I Ignition sense input, 16.0V max
3 PA O Speaker output
4 DETO O FM detector output, 500mVp-p
5 DATAI I External transmit signal input, 200±50mVp-p
6 FNC1 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
7 FNC2 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
8 FNC3 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
9 FNC4 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
10 FNC5 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
11 FNC6 I/O Programmable I/O (programmed by FPU), 1.0mA max
12 5C O 5V DC power supply, 100mA max
13 HR1 O Horn alert signal output, 16.0V/2.0A max
14 HR2 O Horn alert signal output, 16.0V/2.0A max
15 gnd Ground

and now the pin out of vxr :

Signal Ground 1 Brown (Black) Audio signal ground (usually chassis ground)
Mobile TX Audio 2 Red (Brown) TX audio from the VXR-1000 to the mobile radio
Power Supply Control 3 Orange (Red) VXR-1000 on/off switch
Mobile PTT Output 4 Yellow PTT command from VXR-1000 to the mobile radio
Vcc (13.8 V) 5 Green 13.8 VDC power for the VXR-1000
Mobile RX Audio 6 Blue RX audio from the mobile radio to the VXR-1000
Mobile COR Detect 7 Purple COR signal from the mobile radio to the VXR-1000
Mobile Mic. Audio 8 Gray TX audio from the mobile’s mic. to the VXR-1000
Mobile TX Detect 9 White TX status detect (trunked) or PTT command (conv.)

Here the fonction in the tk's software :

Input :

External PTT (Voice) If the external PTT (Voice) level goes low, transmission begins.

External PTT (Data) If the external PTT (Data) level goes low, transmission begins.

Data PTT Pressing the PTT switch starts a transmission of the data. Configuring External PTT (Voice),

Speaker Mute The port is available to mute the speaker audio output line.

Microphone Mute The port is available to mute the Microphone modulation line to the speaker.

External Monitor This port functions the same as the Monitor key.

External Hook This input port functions as same as Microphone Hook.

Speaker On The audio amplifier is switched On when this port level goes low.

DTC This is a port that controls the transceiver to migrate to the Data Zone-Channel/GID used for data communications.

Output:

COR Alternates the status of port while receiving a carrier. The port level goes low upon detection of a carrier.

LOK Alternates the status of the port when voice communication is activated while transmitting in an LTR Trunking system and Conventional Group.

COR or Channel Busy The port becomes active while COR is active or during Channel Busy.

TOR Alternates the port status while the received QT tone frequency or DQT code matches that preconfigured for the transceiver.

Channel Busy Alternates the status of the port while the transceiver cannot be remotely controlled.

System Busy Alternates the status of the port while the repeater is busy in an LTR Trunking system.

AUX Alternates the status of port linked with the AUX. Enables to control the external device connected to the AUX port.

PTT Output Alternates the port status by pressing the PTT switch.

TXS Alternates the port status while the transceiver is transmitting.

Wait your answer !

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Here is the base concept. Most Kenwoods use software defined I/O that you will need to set up in cloning and personally I ask my local Kenwood Guru for help. Alignment of audio and deviation levels really needs to be adjusted with a service monitor. Typically COR and PTT use low logic on active; use of a pull-up resistor depends entirely on the mobile's design. Control In typically goes high on active.

VXR1000 --- Mobile

PTT OUT -> External PTT IN
AUDIO OUT -> External Audio in

COR Detect <- COR Out
AUDIO IN <- DISC Out

VCC <- Constant, fused, 12VDC+ Supply
Control In <- Switch or soft button on mobile (May also be switched using a vehicle 'Park' signal so the repeater will not be active going down the road.)

Grounds are all common and audio I/O is unbalanced.

The other features get really deep and are normally not necessary for basic operation.

Please take this the right way, but if the above doesn't make sense you have perhaps taken on a project that you need local hands-on expertise to accomplish.

Last edited:

p-o66601

Premium Subscriber
thanks

Here is the base concept. Most Kenwoods use software defined I/O that you will need to set up in cloning and personally I ask my local Kenwood Guru for help. Alignment of audio and deviation levels really needs to be adjusted with a service monitor. Typically COR and PTT use low logic on active; use of a pull-up resistor depends entirely on the mobile's design. Control In typically goes high on active.

VXR1000 --- Mobile

PTT OUT -> External PTT IN
AUDIO OUT -> External Audio in

COR Detect <- COR Out
AUDIO IN <- DISC Out

VCC <- Constant, fused, 12VDC+ Supply
Control In <- Switch or soft button on mobile (May also be switched using a vehicle 'Park' signal so the repeater will not be active going down the road.)

Grounds are all common and audio I/O is unbalanced.

The other features get really deep and are normally not necessary for basic operation.

Please take this the right way, but if the above doesn't make sense you have perhaps taken on a project that you need local hands-on expertise to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.