• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

My VX354

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewalt

Hi
I have a VX 354. I have it programmed to my fire Dept. I finally got it to say CALLED across screen and beeps. I got encode tone programmed in it but I also have decode tones that probably needs to be in the programming. When I get paged it does not say CALLED or beep. When it was programmed to my old fire Dept it said CALLED and beeped. Can you guys help me out on this? I carry right now a kenwood radio and a pager. I rather have my vertex working to carry it.

Thank you

firewalt

Hi
I don't thing I was scanning when doing the test. Does this make a difference? If I can't get the radio work right I guess I send it to someone to have it fixed.

Thank you

cmdrwill

On the 'page out' channel, you may need to set for just the tone outs and not have any CTCSS set on receive. Some systems transmit just the tone outs without any CTCSS

And the radio probably will not decode while in scan.

firewalt

Hi Guys

I forgot to tell you there is couple fire Depts in the county the tones start the same. Could this be the cause my radio not to page out right.
Thank you .

firewalt

Hi Guys
I think i found my problem. My friend on a different Dept and I looked at his radio. His encodes are the same as mine. The 1st decode is different and the 2nd decode is the same. Do I set the radio to recieve pages with the decode tones?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.