• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

No DCS encode on all VX-4000L??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eportel6607

Guys I have over twenty VX-4000L Vertex mobiles. I also have about ten VX-5500L. I recently switched between CTCSS squelch to DCS. When transmitting and testing on the VX-5500 radio the system/network worked fine however when I transmit using the VX-4000L the system doesn't function. The programming is exactly the same on both radios. I've tested with Motorola equipment as well and I am now sure the issue is that the VX4000 radios are not encoding the DCS code. I've tried three or four different DCS codes. None of which are being encoded from the radio. The radio(s) do however decode each of the DCS codes I've tried. Is anybody aware of many something in the software that toggle the encoding on/off for this radio? The radio software has an obvious enable/disable for this feature just like every option in the radio but none of the VX4000s I've tried will encode DCS...just CTCSS.

Any input would be much appreciated.

It looks like the issue might be related to the polarity of the DCS coding. Anybody know how to toggle the codes to be "normal" or "invert"?

Last edited:

radiotweester

Common -> Hardware DCS RX and DCS TX.
You can either use Manufacturer mode. Create a short cut like so "C:\Vertex Standard\CE49 for Windows\CE49Win.exe" -m when you open it use ansho-bango for the PW
The other option is to use a a program like Windows Enabler v1.1 to enable greyed out areas you want to change. This can be used to tweak software that has the freq range listed as well.

eportel6607

Common -> Hardware DCS RX and DCS TX.
You can either use Manufacturer mode. Create a short cut like so "C:\Vertex Standard\CE49 for Windows\CE49Win.exe" -m when you open it use ansho-bango for the PW
The other option is to use a a program like Windows Enabler v1.1 to enable greyed out areas you want to change. This can be used to tweak software that has the freq range listed as well.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I talked to the manufacturer about this issue. It turns out the firmware is really old in all the VX4000. They seem confident that a firmware upgrade will do the trick...but I'm not so sure. I will report back to this from either way with the resolution as I'm sure I'm likely not the only guy to run into this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.