• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VS Clone Editor Error #4832

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar_Guy

First post. Haven't seen any mention of this but thought I'd throw it out there, I've come across lots of good tips and need to give back a little...

I recently had to download Clone Editor due to a crash and stupidly not keeping a copy of the version of VSCE I originally used. No matter, my radios needed new firmware anyway, they carried pretty old revisions so time to jump ahead a year or two all around.

Vertex in the "Legacy" links to VSCE version 4.0 (build 28) and under the EVX-R70 has version 4.5 (build 30). Both seem to work with the newly flashed R011213_130201 firmware on my VXD-720.

My problem is that after closing the program the next start will crash. It'll either give me a #4832 error in a small window and shutdown or alternatively just shutdown with no indication why. I poked around last night trying to figure out why and have seen some reference to making sure TCP/IPv4 is only checked in Network Connection Properties or setting the interface metric to 500. Nothing has seemed to make any difference. It seems MotoTrbo CPS 10 and 11 may do this, too, so it's got to do with the common code base apparently.

Turns out that you have to run Clone Editor as an administrator, so it's a permissions problem. I assume it's the way the program has to access the radio as though its a network device. I tend to not give my regular user account root level permissions for security reasons and it bit me in this case. Maybe this will save someone else some frustration.

k7plt

Thanks Gunnar_Guy,

You have saved me from beating my head against the wall, not the same error code, but definitely a valid solution to a nagging problem. I am also running build 30, fingers crossed. Thanks again!

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
I am having this issue too. I contacted VS and they said to follow these steps:

Right Click on Internet Explorer Icon
Choose Properties
Compatibility Tab
Check- Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Then select- Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Now for me I couldn't do these steps because our group policy has them locked out. So I ended up getting Admin Rights.

They also said to try those same steps on the Vertex Clone Editor icon, but at that point I had the right's and cant test. But maybe this info will help others

Status
Not open for further replies.