RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Vertex Standard

Vertex Standard - Discussions regarding Vertex Standard professional and public safety radio equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 10:57 AM

Default VS Clone Editor Error #4832

First post. Haven't seen any mention of this but thought I'd throw it out there, I've come across lots of good tips and need to give back a little...

I recently had to download Clone Editor due to a crash and stupidly not keeping a copy of the version of VSCE I originally used. No matter, my radios needed new firmware anyway, they carried pretty old revisions so time to jump ahead a year or two all around.

Vertex in the "Legacy" links to VSCE version 4.0 (build 28) and under the EVX-R70 has version 4.5 (build 30). Both seem to work with the newly flashed R011213_130201 firmware on my VXD-720.

My problem is that after closing the program the next start will crash. It'll either give me a #4832 error in a small window and shutdown or alternatively just shutdown with no indication why. I poked around last night trying to figure out why and have seen some reference to making sure TCP/IPv4 is only checked in Network Connection Properties or setting the interface metric to 500. Nothing has seemed to make any difference. It seems MotoTrbo CPS 10 and 11 may do this, too, so it's got to do with the common code base apparently.

Turns out that you have to run Clone Editor as an administrator, so it's a permissions problem. I assume it's the way the program has to access the radio as though its a network device. I tend to not give my regular user account root level permissions for security reasons and it bit me in this case. Maybe this will save someone else some frustration.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2016, 8:57 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks Gunnar_Guy,

You have saved me from beating my head against the wall, not the same error code, but definitely a valid solution to a nagging problem. I am also running build 30, fingers crossed. Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2016, 1:28 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I had the same problem - thank you for posting this tip!

Mike
Old 03-30-2017, 11:43 AM

I am having this issue too. I contacted VS and they said to follow these steps:

Right Click on Internet Explorer Icon
Choose Properties
Compatibility Tab
Check- Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Then select- Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Now for me I couldn't do these steps because our group policy has them locked out. So I ended up getting Admin Rights.

They also said to try those same steps on the Vertex Clone Editor icon, but at that point I had the right's and cant test. But maybe this info will help others