• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX4000 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

artb257

Hello all

I am trying to reprogram my VX4000 (UHF) radio and am running into some difficulty. I am using a Windows 7 laptop with the CE49 software installed. The radio is connected to the computer with a CT 105 cable and FIF10A USB interface (with the driver software installed). In the software, I click on upload. I am prompted to put the radio in "PC Clone" mode by holding the PF1 button while turning on the radio, which I do. The software starts to read the radio, but then I get the following error message:

“The transceiver does not correspond to the band you try to write”

Make sure the following points.
1. COM port configuration
2. Cable connection with PC
3. Frequency band of the radio
4. firmware version
5. Deck model

-------------------
My response to the points:
1. I have it correctly set up on COM port 3
2. All cable connections are secure
3. I manually set the band to "UHF D" in the software
4. Unknown - no way to check it and it's not showing on the software
5. Not applicable

Anyone have any thoughts? I feel like it's just a matter of one setting that is off or something wasn't activated or turned on in the proper order.

Thank you for any assistance.
Arthur

artb257

As an update, I have not been able to resolve the issue. I have tried a few different things (changing some settings, using different com ports), but I still get the same error message.

After reading a few other similar/related threads, I think what may solve it is using a serial cable as opposed the USB cable. Once I obtain one of these, I will report back on the results.

Again, if anyone has thoughts / other suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you
Arthur

KoolKatz

Where you successful, I am getting the same thing- when I place in "Clone Mode" my radio says SB Clone on the screen, then I get the errors you listed! Have you any ideal that for where to go or do?

MBill

Premium Subscriber
In point #3 of your list do you have option to set band to another letter or just leave blank. I know on
some UHF Vertex radios, such as the VX-350 series, there are two different UHF band models. The D
band covers, I believe 450 to 485 Mhz and the H band covers something like 410 or 420 to 470 Mhz. I
get that error if I try to download a D band template into a H band radio. I have to upload the H band
radio, do my programming save it, and then download back to the radio. On the VX-350 series it
will upload the H band and it shows you that. If you have manually set radio to D band only this maybe your problem.

kmacinct

I had an issue, where the radio firmware was updated, but not the programming software.

Spent hours before I figured out out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.