• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VXR-1000U Programming Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinm6

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone, I am trying to program a VXR-1000U. I am using a cable that I know works with my VX-3000 and VX-3200, however it does not seem to be working with the VXR-1000. I attached a picture of what the programming software does. The Power Light on the VXR-1000 flashes as soon as I plug the programming cable in. The software starts to read, but then eventually gives a timeout error. Is there a different cable that I am supposed to be using with the VXR-1000? Thank you!

Attachments

• VXR1000 Error.jpg
    VXR1000 Error.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 529

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
A quick search of the VXR-1000 user manual and the VX-3000 service manual shows them both to use the same programming cable - VPL-1. Have you gone into File/configure and messed with baud rate at all to see if that helps?

austinm6

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I am using the VPL-1. The cable works fine on other Vertex Radios. I know the VXR-1000 works, I just cannot get it to read or write. The only option I have under configure is to choose which COM port to use.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Try this maybe it will work:
1) have the radio turned on, then select the read button. You should get a message that
says either to turn the radio off and then back on or to turn the radio on. Either way, turn off the
radio and then back on.
2) Leave the radio off until you select read and get the message to turn the radio on.
Vertex seems to use both of these approaches depending on the model. One may work.
Also make sure you have the right com port selected in the Config menu. You may have to
try each one, if you have more than one choice. Usually Com port 1 is used for serial
cables. Other com port may be used for the newer FIF10/12A cables.

austinm6

Premium Subscriber
Still no joy. I tried both methods you suggested and it still hung on the same spot. It is definitely COM1, the computer I am using has a physical COM port. I know that it is reading some part of the repeater, because if I select a different COM port, it hangs right away and says it timed out. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my cable? If I can't figure it out soon I may buy another cable and see if that fixes the issue.

austinm6

Premium Subscriber
Well looks like I solved my Problem. I searched around for different versions of CE-22 and it seems that an older version read the repeater just fine! I was trying to use the GUI software with no luck and even a newer version of the DOS with no luck as well. I did however need to use your suggestion to leave the radio off until it told me to connect the cables.Thank you MBill!

Status
Not open for further replies.