RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Vertex Standard


Vertex Standard - Discussions regarding Vertex Standard professional and public safety radio equipment.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2017, 7:40 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default How to find a VX-537 UHF?

I have been in search of a Vertex VX-537 UHF for years. I saw it once on ebay and the guy wanted $750 for it.
Is there anywhere that sells these radios for a reasonable price?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 2:23 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priority-One View Post
I have been in search of a Vertex VX-537 UHF for years. I saw it once on ebay and the guy wanted $750 for it.
Is there anywhere that sells these radios for a reasonable price?
I got mine from a member on p25.ca which is now defunct. They are quite hard to find.
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 2:58 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and is it a worth while radio?
I live in NYC and I need something for RX only that can be used for my hikes and pictures, etc. I have an xts2500 but I need something more durable. I know they are standard issue for the nypd, so I am looking for one but not for $800


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Providing the broadcastify feed for the 25/28/32 pcts in Harlem.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 3:20 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priority-One View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and is it a worth while radio?
I live in NYC and I need something for RX only that can be used for my hikes and pictures, etc. I have an xts2500 but I need something more durable. I know they are standard issue for the nypd, so I am looking for one but not for $800


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid basically nothing. I got it in a radio lot for 200 and sold all the other equipment for over 200. So it was free. It's a very solid radio. Very loud TX and RX. It's all metal the only problem is the paint can come off. As you may of seen the NYPD ones are missing a lot of paint. Knobs are tight and everything is tighten by hex keys so you can loosen or tighten to your pleasing. Battery last all day.
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 3:37 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 703
Default

Ive used one also. I think it kinda overrated for the model.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 3:42 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3obl View Post
Ive used one also. I think it kinda overrated for the model.
The MSRP should of been 500 or less. But I hey I remember when Motorola was charging 400+ for an HT750
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 3:47 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default

If anyone has a plug for one, I'd be willing to trade my XTS2500 uhf 450-520. Battery charger, antenna and speaker mic. For
An even trade and some programming.
If I'm violating any rules here, please feel free to lock or delete this post. I don't need P25 as I have a Whistler TRX-1 scanner. I just need a solid radio that does 450-512 for NYC.
I want it for its durability.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Providing the broadcastify feed for the 25/28/32 pcts in Harlem.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 3:56 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priority-One View Post
If anyone has a plug for one, I'd be willing to trade my XTS2500 uhf 450-520. Battery charger, antenna and speaker mic. For
An even trade and some programming.
If I'm violating any rules here, please feel free to lock or delete this post. I don't need P25 as I have a Whistler TRX-1 scanner. I just need a solid radio that does 450-512 for NYC.
I want it for its durability.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep my eyes open for one.
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 4:59 PM
mancow's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: N.E. Kansas
Posts: 5,979
Default

I would get a Bendix King LPU if all you want is to listen.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 5:01 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default

Someone else suggested that but I don't like the look. I know that's kinda dumb to say. But I really like the look of the 537.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Providing the broadcastify feed for the 25/28/32 pcts in Harlem.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 5:06 PM
mancow's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: N.E. Kansas
Posts: 5,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priority-One View Post
Someone else suggested that but I don't like the look. I know that's kinda dumb to say. But I really like the look of the 537.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 5:21 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

It's just Beautiful!

Sorry it won't let me rotate it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 5:21 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default

I love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Providing the broadcastify feed for the 25/28/32 pcts in Harlem.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 7:05 PM
mancow's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: N.E. Kansas
Posts: 5,979
Default

I would probably kill you to know I used to have an SSE5000. T band is worthless here though. It was neat for a collector's item but couldn't justify it just sitting on a shelf.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 7:10 PM
Priority-One's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 155th street
Posts: 367
Default

The SES was a crazy idea. Imagine if that NYPD TRS scenario played out?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Providing the broadcastify feed for the 25/28/32 pcts in Harlem.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2017, 7:12 PM
gtaman's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GALAXY 19 91.0 W
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancow View Post
I would probably kill you to know I used to have an SSE5000. T band is worthless here though. It was neat for a collector's item but couldn't justify it just sitting on a shelf.
I wish I would of contacted you to buy it. It's still on my bucket list to have.
__________________
My RT-1523E SINCGARS is just an oversized armored Motorola Maxtrac.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions