• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FTL-1011, 4ch programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntor-X9K

Hi all,

I have a 4ch FTL-1011 (Low band), that needs reprogramming. I have found the site linked below. However, with Moto's, I find there are many issues one needs to know. I'd appreciate any heads up of any of you know.

The cable I've ordered is a Rib-less DB-9 cable.
I have 8086, 286, 386, 486 and Pen3 and others all with Comm ports.

Is CE-5 the right program?

YO4HFU Website

Syntor-X9K

Thanks. I have old computers so, thats the easy part. Someone who programmed this radio last, forgot to program PL, on the one channel that needs PL...

amphibian

Did you get the radio programmed ok?

Thanks,

William R Howell,
GMRS License Call Sign: WQYX489
CEO, USGMRS Repeater & Users Group Association
USGMRS Repeater & Users Group Association (usgmrsgroup.club)
FB Group Page: USGMRS Repeater & Users Group

Syntor-X9K

No not reprogrammed yet. Maybe my old computer was too slow 386/20. I'll try the Toughbook CF-25 next time. Anyway the 386 died just after trying to program it. It boots to the checking of the RAM. Its got an IDE to CF card adapter and a 64MB commercial CF card for the HD (basically a SSD). I'm hoping it will be something simple. Like the cable fell out maybe? One can hope...

Syntor-X9K

Update:

Got it programmed using a 486-166MHz. The 286-20MHz didn't work. I was able to program 52.525 MHz as well as the needed commercial frequencies, but the HAM frequency did not RX or TX - PLL lock?

The mic Deviation seems low. I assume this is a radio's Dev is programmed, and not a pot inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.