• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex Digitral radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Our client just got Vertex radios. I understand they are digital. Going into service tomorrow.
So the question, are Vertex DMR, P25 or??
Where do I search to find the freqs?
There is a repeater, if that helps.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Our client just got Vertex radios. I understand they are digital. Going into service tomorrow.

So the question, are Vertex DMR, P25 or??

Where do I search to find the freqs?

There is a repeater, if that helps.

Something useful, like a model number would help. Knowing which band split would also help too. With out that we can not answer either of your questions.

Vertex does both DMR(Tier 2) and conventional P25. Only on VHF and UHF though. Vertex has no offerings in either 700MHz or 800MHz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scosgt

Thread moved since the Vertex isn't a scanner.

No, I am asking if my DMR capable Whistler will be able to find and monitor these radios. Totally scanner related.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

clbsquared

Look the license up on the FCC website. Find the emissions designator and you will know whether it's DMR or P25

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

scosgt

Look the license up on the FCC website. Find the emissions designator and you will know whether it's DMR or P25

I will see the radios when I get into work tomorrow. What I am really curious about is the range. They had to install a repeater with an antenna on the roof in order to cover all the dead spots in the building (it is like a giant Faraday Cage).

Sp wondering how far away I might receive it. It is a City agency that owns the radios and they have licenses on hundreds of freqs.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I will see the radios when I get into work tomorrow. What I am really curious about is the range. They had to install a repeater with an antenna on the roof in order to cover all the dead spots in the building (it is like a giant Faraday Cage).

Sp wondering how far away I might receive it. It is a City agency that owns the radios and they have licenses on hundreds of freqs.

SMDH... you ask questions that we can’t answer because you do not provide ANY useful information. So with out any information I will provide a useless answer:

It depends.

It depends on the band, how much power the repeater transmits, how much loss in the duplexer, how much loss in the feedline, gain of the antenna, type of antenna, electrical tilt of the antenna, HAAT, height of the building, what the terrain is like where this building is, type of tree cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Thread moved since the Vertex isn't a scanner.

No, I am asking if my DMR capable Whistler will be able to find and monitor these radios. Totally scanner related.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

Not trying to beat you up, but nowhere in your original post did you saying anything about a Whistler scanner. So based on what you asked it was moved to an appropriate forum.

And even now you are asking questions specific to these radios and/or system.

My guess on how far you will be able to receive them is probably at least 100 feet. :wink:

cmdrwill

They had to install a repeater with an antenna on the roof in order to cover all the dead spots in the building (it is like a giant Faraday Cage).

WOW, they put the repeater antenna on top of the faraday cage, that should work like crap.

scosgt

The radios are from "BearCom" and are marked "BC250D" (No, not Uniden bearcats)

They are 7 channel, and using Spectrum Sweeper they are DMR. I was only able to check the secondary Freq (can't keep it keyed up on main band LOL) and it comes back as 463 Mhz. The only other info is that in order to transmit you have to key up and wait for a "chirp". I always associated that with trunking, but I doubt that could be true since the first two channels hit the repeater, the other 5 are "point to point". Doubtful they could be hitting a trunked system anyplace.

And yes, the building is like a Faraday cage. Partly because it is a super secure facility. Verizon phones can't get service there, and it took a repeater and three different antennas until they could get reception throughout the building.

clbsquared

That "chirp" could be just a simple TPT (Talk Permit Tone). Available on most radios for use with or without a repeater or trunking system. Or it could be MDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.