• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-P824 DO5 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a P824 DO5 P25 VHF conventional portable on eBay and I've been working on my code plug so that when the radio arrives it's ready to be programmed. I'm going to use this radio to monitor local state patrol and other VHF P25 coms around my area.

In the CPS on line 10 named MONI the options are Disable, Monitor A, and Monitor B. After reading the help topics I have come to the conclusion that the Monitor B option allows P25 Voice to be passed through without the associated NAC given that the 7FE NAC is in its place as well. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

On line 13 named TGID, do I need to have the associated TGID the transmitting radio/repeater is using to be able to hear the P25 voice traffic? I currently have all my channels set to 0000, I figured this would disable the TGID.

Last, does anyone know how to add channels to a group without it taking channels from another group and putting them in the group above that one?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
It’s reviving P25 and analog great. It also decoding PL’S/DCS tones and NAC’S just fine.

This is just what I’ve been able to figure out by playing the CPS.

For P25, each channel is set to the appropriate NAC or if I don’t the NAC I put F7E in its place. F7E allows any NAC code to pass through on P25 signals. It’s similar to CSQ for analog. I also have line 10 “MONI” selected to B and I leave line 13 “TGID” set to 0001 on all my P25 channels. So far this has allowed me to hear P25 fine with a NAC and F7E.

For analog I haven’t had any issues with not being able to decode PL’S / DCS tones. However, on my radio I have the “DCS Complement” setting set to Enable, under Common + Miscellaneous.

That’s all I know to share with you as far as how my radio is set up. I’m still learning about this radio because it’s different than others I’m used to programming. The main difference is the terminology and lay out of the CPS. You can try the Help + Help Topics but it’s not a whole lot of information. They definitely didn’t put much thought into this radio. Maybe that’s why it didn’t last very long with Vertex.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

cmdrwill

First rule of programming: READ the radio FIRST and save that to an archive file. Then you have the original to go back to in case of trouble(s).

Danny37

First rule of programming: READ the radio FIRST and save that to an archive file. Then you have the original to go back to in case of trouble(s).

I did that, I have to go back and try it out once I get home from work. I'm hoping this fix it.

Danny37

I loaded the original codeplug and nothing im still having the same issue, for whatever reason the squelch wont open with the correct PL. i tried it in wideband and narrowband and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.