RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Vertex Standard

Vertex Standard - Discussions regarding Vertex Standard professional and public safety radio equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Was: wqpn413
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default VX-P824 DO5 Questions

I recently purchased a P824 DO5 P25 VHF conventional portable on eBay and I've been working on my code plug so that when the radio arrives it's ready to be programmed. I'm going to use this radio to monitor local state patrol and other VHF P25 coms around my area.

In the CPS on line 10 named MONI the options are Disable, Monitor A, and Monitor B. After reading the help topics I have come to the conclusion that the Monitor B option allows P25 Voice to be passed through without the associated NAC given that the 7FE NAC is in its place as well. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

On line 13 named TGID, do I need to have the associated TGID the transmitting radio/repeater is using to be able to hear the P25 voice traffic? I currently have all my channels set to 0000, I figured this would disable the TGID.

Last, does anyone know how to add channels to a group without it taking channels from another group and putting them in the group above that one?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2018, 3:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Did you fix this issue? I have a problem with the squelch not opening on with the correct PL/DPL and NAC.
Old 02-22-2018, 4:32 PM
Was: wqpn413
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default VX-P824 DO5 Questions

Itís reviving P25 and analog great. It also decoding PLíS/DCS tones and NACíS just fine.

This is just what Iíve been able to figure out by playing the CPS.

For P25, each channel is set to the appropriate NAC or if I donít the NAC I put F7E in its place. F7E allows any NAC code to pass through on P25 signals. Itís similar to CSQ for analog. I also have line 10 ďMONIĒ selected to B and I leave line 13 ďTGIDĒ set to 0001 on all my P25 channels. So far this has allowed me to hear P25 fine with a NAC and F7E.

For analog I havenít had any issues with not being able to decode PLíS / DCS tones. However, on my radio I have the ďDCS ComplementĒ setting set to Enable, under Common + Miscellaneous.

Thatís all I know to share with you as far as how my radio is set up. Iím still learning about this radio because itís different than others Iím used to programming. The main difference is the terminology and lay out of the CPS. You can try the Help + Help Topics but itís not a whole lot of information. They definitely didnít put much thought into this radio. Maybe thatís why it didnít last very long with Vertex.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Iím just here for the radios ok?Ē
Old 02-22-2018, 9:41 PM

First rule of programming: READ the radio FIRST and save that to an archive file. Then you have the original to go back to in case of trouble(s).
Old 02-22-2018, 9:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrwill View Post
First rule of programming: READ the radio FIRST and save that to an archive file. Then you have the original to go back to in case of trouble(s).
I did that, I have to go back and try it out once I get home from work. I'm hoping this fix it.
Old 02-23-2018, 1:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I loaded the original codeplug and nothing im still having the same issue, for whatever reason the squelch wont open with the correct PL. i tried it in wideband and narrowband and nothing.