RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Vertex Standard

Vertex Standard - Discussions regarding Vertex Standard professional and public safety radio equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 1:30 AM

Default Vx-427 4 5 LTR reset?

Greetings collective genius,

I recently purchased the aforementioned radios, used, online, from what would appear to be a university. There seems to be all sorts or preset channels and settings and Iím trying to sort out how to reset both radios so they are still able to talk to each other, sans the university programming. I know nothing about radio communication, I purchased these to place with our food storage and emergency kit in the event traditional communications are rendered useless. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Carl
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2018, 7:47 AM

Not a bad choice of radio. Couple things to get out of the way... You'll need a programming cable and the programming software. You don't necessarily have to get a vertex name brand cable. I've had good luck with the cheaper aftermarket USB ones. The software may be another matter. It may still be for sale but that's an older radio so you may have to look for it. Once you get all that it's just a matter of installing the software and plugging the radio up. There isn't however a default code plug where they will just talk to each other. You'll need to enter in the frequencies you are licensed for and any other things you want like channel names, scan lists, etc.