• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P824 Encryption Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EncryptedTech

I was asked by a customer if their radio could do a surrounding towns encryption. They have ADP and so does the other town. I have the keys and all the info, if it was a APX i would be done in 2 mins. I have no idea how to add the info to the radio, can any one please help??

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
If your customer does not explicitly have permission to monitor that town's encrypted traffic, permission granted in writing by a responsible authority with that town who HAS the authority to grant it, then it would be a Felony for you to provide the key to your customer or for your customer to listen to that encrypted traffic.

You have not even stated if the customer's radio has the ADP option. If there is such an option for it.

EncryptedTech

Thanks I understand how the permission works, not at all what i was asking. I added it to all the APX radios, but the detectives have the vertex because its smaller and I cant find where to add the key. I was thinking it could be something like expert mode or basic mode type thing but i don't see it. I stated they have ADP and so does the other town. So yes the radios have the ADP option because they obviously monitor their own traffic.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Vertex radios do not support ADP encryption.

EncryptedTech

That helps, so I think I made some progress. I added the ADP key to the KVL and assigned it a AES CKR like you do to add ADP keys to APX radios strapped to hardware, but how do I add the SLR number? I have 1 currently assigned and the others all show ----. I cant try key loading it, I don't have any vertex cables for my KVL. I only have moto cables, going to have to order the cable.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
As per Motorola's own spec sheet for the Vertex VX-P820 series radios, it does not support ADP. You will not be able to keyload ADP into a radio that does not support it no matter what cable and software you use.

If it does support ADP then the spec sheet on the radio is wrong. I tend to doubt that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.