RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Video Gaming and Games

Video Gaming and Games - When all else fails, uh, ask here for cheat codes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 5:15 PM

Smile I am looking for a good flight sim thant is free for pc

well guys I am looking for a good free flight sim for pc. I have a bunch of them from fog on my tablet and phone but I cant seem to fine anything for pc can anyone help me out .and are the one from mircosoft any good I don't want to spend a lot of money on a flight sim if it hard to play or get use to. I like free flight and things like that. but make them as real as possible.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2015, 7:24 PM

DCS Digital Combat Simulator and DCS world are free . You get one plane free with option to buy others as modules. They have freq sales where the costs for the planes drop substantially.

I feel that currently this is the best flight sim on the market. The graphics are top notch and game play is fun.

Look here for DCS World which is the download you need to add the planes to.
DCS World

Make sure you have a good video card and a 64 bit windows operating system. Read the pc specs before you download to makes sure it will work on your pc.

Google DCS world on YouTube there are thousands of videos available to see what its all about.
More questions ask here as I use this game daily .
Tim

Last edited by mitbr; 05-18-2015 at 7:30 PM..
Old 05-18-2015, 8:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

FlightGear Flight Simulator | sophisticated, professional, open-source

Mike

Providing ADS-B data from NW Ohio for http://www.flightradar24.com
Old 05-19-2015, 6:12 AM

Smile

ok tim I got dcs and downloaded the game and installed what planes come free and what is the keyboard layout for this game. such as start ect. the add on planes do they coast a lot and also what should I get for joystick. also is the a free flight in this game where I don't have to dog fight with other people until I am ready. thanks for the help u guys.
Old 05-19-2015, 8:12 AM

Smile

hey mike I also got flight gear when I go to load I get a wizad and it ask for files what do I do here to make the game run any help would be great. dcs has a lot of button to remember I don't know if I can keep them al straight.
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2015, 8:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It's been quite a while since I used Flight Gear, so I can't give you any specific help, especially with the newer versions. Be sure you read the online manual that can be found in the 'Flying' tab on the website. As I remember, they explain the settings in there. They also have some forums where I'm sure you can get help.

Mike

Providing ADS-B data from NW Ohio for http://www.flightradar24.com
Old 05-19-2015, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattl3320 View Post
ok tim I got dcs and downloaded the game and installed what planes come free and what is the keyboard layout for this game. such as start ect. the add on planes do they coast a lot and also what should I get for joystick. also is the a free flight in this game where I don't have to dog fight with other people until I am ready. thanks for the help u guys.
You will love this sim it really is top notch! The Su- 25T and the TF-51D are the free aircraft.

Look here for more info
Products

Look here for the help forums
ED Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Look at this video for info on how to operate DCS World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBqwt0YKQE

Any other questions let me know.
Tim
Old 05-20-2015, 12:39 AM

Smile

well I do like dcs so far it going to take some time learning all the buttons for the different things to happen but that's with any new game. just wish I had a place where I can make a copy of the keyboard lay for the control do u know where I could find this that would help me out a lot. I want to make a paper copy to put near keyboard. I like the military stuff a lot but some time I would like to fly other aircraft like dc10 ect I guss I am going to by one of the other fly sim here soon.
Old 05-20-2015, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattl3320 View Post
well I do like dcs so far it going to take some time learning all the buttons for the different things to happen but that's with any new game. just wish I had a place where I can make a copy of the keyboard lay for the control do u know where I could find this that would help me out a lot. I want to make a paper copy to put near keyboard. I like the military stuff a lot but some time I would like to fly other aircraft like dc10 ect I guss I am going to by one of the other fly sim here soon.
If you go into the forums and search for keyboard layout via the plane you want to use they are posted.
The keyboard layout is different for each plane.
Tim
Old 05-22-2015, 1:01 AM

Smile

Thanks tim I will check that out. For these type of games is it better to flight one aircraft until u good with it or just choose what ever u want at that time I don't play these that much so I trying to get good information. Are there more helicopters then just the uh-1 and mi-8 in this game and can I download more some where for free. I try the demos for x-plane 10 and mircosoft flight sim I liked this one it was ok and I was able to fly the r22 right off the bat very easy. as far as the flight gear I couldn't get it to set up for flight so I not sure off this one for now.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:26 PM

The Blackshark 2 is another helicopter but it is not free. There is currently a sale on until june 8th.

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)

• DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)

• DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)

• DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $11.99 (60% off)

• DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst: $49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $7.99 (60% off)

• F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $3.99 (60% off)

• Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $3.99 (60% off)

• Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign: $9.99 to $3.99 (60% off)

• A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $3.99 (60% off)

• Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $3.99 (60% off)

• DCS: MiG-15bis: $49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $19.99 (60% off)

• DCS: C-101 Aviojet: $59.99 to $23.99 (60% off)

• Hawk T.1A for DCS World: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)

• DCS: MiG-21bis: $49.99 to $24.99 (50% off)

E-Shop

With the free planes I would just have fun. If you decide to buy one most of the planes have a fully clickable cockpit, every button works. Remember you can also play the game in arcade mode for easier game play.
I would recommend buying at least one plane you will be amazed. If, you decide to buy a plane read through its decription to be sure what you are getting
Tim

Last edited by mitbr; 05-31-2015 at 12:31 PM..