Fair oaks district of fairfax, vaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGPITO5526

Hi, i recently purchased a digital scanner, and am trying to listen to the law dispatch for the fairoaks district of fairfax county. I have all the codes and frequencies, and all the other districts of fairfax county are working properly on my scanner. However, it seems that the channel i have for fairoaks is dead. I have rechecked the codes and frequencies several times against your listings, and they are all correct. Does anyone know why this would happen? Are they maybe on another channel, or possibly sharing a frequency with another district?

cliftonslough

need more information. Your not just locked on to a frequencey because they can use any of the frequencies, its the talk group id that is important. FCPD FO8 DSP = 17424, FCPD FO8 OPS 1=17456, FCPD FO8 OPS 2=17488, FCPD SU9 DSP=17520, FCPD SU9 OPS 1=17552, FCPD SU9 OPS2=17584. Does this look like what you have ? If you just wont to listen to Fair oaks you should lock all the other talk groups outbut dont lockout a frequencey let all of them continue to scan. Not sure if this helps if not give more information and i will see what i come up with. What scanner do you have? take care Cliff

KI4IHC

Premium Subscriber
Another thing to note - Fairfax County Police currently link some of their police dispatch channels together.
Fair Oaks dispatch is generally linked to Sully dispatch & Admin dispatch.
What that means for scanner listeners (at least my 396 does this) is that only one of these talkgroups will show activity at a time. The others will appear dead, as you describe.
Try listening to Admin (HQ1 DISP / TG 16016) or Sully (SU9 DISP / TG 17520) and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.