Norfolk Light Rail (The Tide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone has the frequency or knows what system is being used for the light rail. I saw it in operation today on my way home from work, They were eastbound alongside 264 near Brambleton. Had the radio on Close Call but never heard anything.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
The tide

My busy works for hrt and they will be on UHF and I will get you the freqs and post them asap when I get them you will know I live off East Princess Anne and I can't hear anything either.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was about to send my wife to work with the scanner; since she is outside on top of the roof at TCC everyday. She watches them while they do testing, and watches the idiots who wont keep their car off the rail. I figured it would be interesting to hear.

kc4jgc

My guess is when the Tide starts operating they will be on the same freq as the busses (460.425). As far as the construction process they could be on one of the FRS or MURS channels.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Tide

That is true for 6 months they will be use the bus channel then they will switch to 460.8500 with dpl311 and the guy working there uses frs I believe channel 9 and nextels

gcgrotz

Shouldn't they be eligible for a safe, reliable RAIL frequency? I can't believe they are actually starting up, when I left there in 1994 it was being discussed. Of course, that's not as bad as Charlottesville where they talk about roads for 40 years!

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Conducting test runs Last night and tonight. Operating on 463.275 c127.3 callsign "Test Control".
Can anyone else Verify?

Comms Include:
"Close all breakers at Holt substation" "Tracks 1 and 2 will be energized from McArthur to NSU".
Around 18:50 local

Last edited:

STMolo

TIDE Frequencies

Sounds like 463.275 c127.3 is the one so far that I would say is for Testing. Will be getting a list from the City in a few days to add to our ARES Interop Radios.

Steve
KI4KWR

Last edited:

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Any updates on what frequencies will be used once the tide is open to the public? 463.275 now sounds like a Control Channel. Did they switch to Trunking?

dtscho

Database Admin
The license for 463.2750 is coded for MOTOTRBO transmissions, in addition to analog. They've probably made the switch to TRBO.

Dave

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
And you are correct Dave it's TRBO as most of the freqs for HRT are moving to.....some of the penn channels are already TRBO BUMMER

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I did not know you even had a light rail system. Shows you how much Virginia news we get here in Northern VA. I know more what's happening in MD then my own state (lol). Anyhow sounds very cool.

Yeah, and it's just like everything else in Hampton Roads; Behind schedule and over budget.

kc4jgc

And you are correct Dave it's TRBO as most of the freqs for HRT are moving to.....some of the penn channels are already TRBO BUMMER

Tell me more about this.... I'm still hearing HRT on analog on both sides. They just installed a new comms system a couple years ago (ACS). Has HRT wasted $$ on a new bus comms system already??

Status
Not open for further replies.