DC/Metro COG numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineCo8

KQ4CUD
Does anyone have an updated list of the COG fire department numbering system? I had a list but A) I lost it and B) I am pretty sure it was out-dated.

I know that:
0 = DCFD
1 = Arlington FD
2 = Alexandria FD
3 = WMAA Airport FD
4 = Fairfax FD
5 = Prince William FD
6 = Loudoun FD

And I think:
7 = Fauquier FD
9 = The Area Hospitals

If anyone has the missing numbers (if I'm not mistaken it gos to "12") or any updates or whatever PLEASE help me out. Thanks.

PS: I did a Google search and could only find something on "thewatchdesk.com" and there was a lot of debate on what was what and no final say as to what was true or false, I also searched on here and the closest I could find was from back in '07. Also I added this into the DC and MD state sections.

Last edited:

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
0 - DCFD
1 - Arlington County
2 - City of Alexandria
3 - MWAA (Metro Washington Airports Authority - Dulles & Reagan)
4 - Fairfax County (includes Fairfax City)
5 - Prince William County (includes Manassas and Manassas Park)
6 - Loudoun County
7 - Montgomery County, MD
8 - Prince George's County, MD
9 - Frederick County, MD
10 - Unassigned
11 - Fauquier County, VA
12 - Culpeper County, VA

Faquier and Culpeper aren't part of the COG, but use their COG numbers when running mutual aid into a true COG county.

W2NJS

If someone could post the ID lead numbers for Carroll County, Howard County, and Frederick County, and any others that interact with the present group it would be helpful.

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
As indicated above, Frederick is 9. Carroll and Howard are not part of COG.

EngineCo8

KQ4CUD
Awesome thanks, one other question, does Winchester fall in with Frederick County under the ID "9"?

Last edited:

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
Chester Gap has the COG numbering on the front bumper of the Engine and Rescue Engine. There is no #13. They're only using the COG numbers when on a mutual aid run with Fauquier.

gcgrotz

OK, I must have skipped class that day, but what does COG stand for? Usually I can figure these things out but not today...

eng2trk

Stafford County, VA is #15 (although not a full COG member) - but they do not fully use it. Units will use it on mutual aide to Fauquier. Medic 1506 etc..

I wish they would have just gone with 15A, 15B, etc... on their talk groups. Radio actually says 15-1 Dispatch, 15-1 Dispatch 2, etc....so why not just go with 15A. I feel bad when mutual aide companies come in and have to search 3 different zones to find an incident channel, but don't get me started.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
They should just id that way on the new system. You will never see Spotsy join cog anytime soon. South of a Rappahannock is a different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.