Obama motorcade jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

Watched the 757 version Air Force One land at CHO and then waited on the motorcade to pass by on Rt 29. Noticed what at first looked like a small black ambulance type vehicle. As it passed by my cellphone started making popping sounds which were also heard by the person on the other end.

Well, being the curious type, I set up by the mall to wait for an hour (!) with Rt 29 closed at 5 pm (!). Again, when the motorcade passed by there was the same popping noise on the phone on both sides of the conversation. So I guess I can conclude there is some sort of moving jammer going along with the motorcade.

And yes, they kept 8 lanes of traffic shut down for over an hour at rush hour while the President strolled down the mall to shake hands and visit his campaign office.

shumadine

yes, I think it is the Suburban with the two really tall vertical antennas that is doing that.

homeinva

you tax payer money at work

and though the same thing last time he was in the tidewater area some radio communication were not acting right

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
It's the Suburban. A buddy of mine was using his Blackberry to video the motorcade while it passed under...it went to static and killed the phone. Poor guy had to payout the deductible to get a new BB.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
It's the Suburban. A buddy of mine was using his Blackberry to video the motorcade while it passed under...it went to static and killed the phone. Poor guy had to payout the deductible to get a new BB.

Hmmm.. Ive seen plenty of camera phone videos of presidental motorcades..So does that mean every person walking down the street or watching them drive by gets their phone zapped? It may be temporary interuption but not a permanent destruction...

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm.. Ive seen plenty of camera phone videos of presidental motorcades..So does that mean every person walking down the street or watching them drive by gets their phone zapped? It may be temporary interuption but not a permanent destruction...

I have too and when we reviewed the video you can see as the motorcade approaches the video goes to static. After trying to play it back again the only function on the BB that worked was the phone. The screen was dead as was anything else besides the phone. He tried everything to fix hoping it was temporary but nothing worked.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I wonder how they keep from interrupting the legitimate local and state police radio traffic involved in the security detail. Or is this solely directed at cellphones / IED remotes.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
But ya know, if WE did that then the FCC would fine the crap out of us!
....guess they don't have to follow the rules but then the spooks have always been hypocritical! :(

n9zas

zz0468

QRT
Banned
But ya know, if WE did that then the FCC would fine the crap out of us!
....guess they don't have to follow the rules but then the spooks have always been hypocritical!

They probably DO go by the rules. But what makes you think they use the same rulebook we do? Hypocritical? Probably not when Presidential security is the goal. And it matters not whether you like the current president. The Secret Service still has to keep him alive.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
FYI that picture is of a bunch of 2003 vehicles taken back in 2008...

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure the jamming effects are only supposed to be temporary. My phone was on my belt but not being used and as far as I could tell, unharmed. My friends phone allowed playback of the video once & then stopped working altogether after. I don't know if he tried to use an separate media reader for the video but he was never able to recover it after the phone went dead.

gewecke

Banned
They probably DO go by the rules. But what makes you think they use the same rulebook we do? Hypocritical? Probably not when Presidential security is the goal. And it matters not whether you like the current president. The Secret Service still has to keep him alive.

....if you say so. :roll:

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
I'm sure the jamming effects are only supposed to be temporary. My phone was on my belt but not being used and as far as I could tell, unharmed. My friends phone allowed playback of the video once & then stopped working altogether after. I don't know if he tried to use an separate media reader for the video but he was never able to recover it after the phone went dead.

Rather than cell phone videos, I wonder what results using a digital cam would have yielded?

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.