Police zones / precincts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me-In-Va

Premium Subscriber
I have been looking for a map or a listing of how counties (Chesterfield county in particular) are divided up into the different patrol zones. My scanner, Pro-106, has listings such as Zone 1, Zone 2, etc... But is there anywhere that I can get a definitive list of how it is all broken down? (Short of joining the pd... ;). )

Thanks!
Me-in-Va

mikev

Check the county website. Most counties have some kind of district or zone map available on their site somewhere. Places to look are under the Police Department, Sheriff's Office, or Public Safety areas. Some counties may even have those kinds of maps in the county GIS mapping system (if it has such a system online). Other counties may break up zones/districts by political district, so looking for one of those maps may provide at least a little insight.

Note that these maps may not be immediately visible. There may be a text link somewhere that leads to it, so a little bit of reading might be needed to find it.

Last edited:

vascanner

Chesterfield is broken into 2 districts, North and South.....I don't know how that translates into "Zone 1 or Zone 2", but if you listen to the audio and then maybe lookup the streets they give out on calls, on a program like Mapquest or something similar, you might be able to narrow down what is north and south. The south precinct station is on Rt 10 in Chester, I drive by it pretty often.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Chesterfield is broken up into 4 zones. There was a map with boundaries for each zone in a pdf file that the department released a few years back, but I've never been able to find it nor have I been able to find anything on their website either. Do a search in the Virginia forum. I recall this being discussed before and a member had chimed in with the general location of each Zone. Richmond PD's precinct and sector map can be found on their website under the organization tab. Unfortunately, I've yet to find anything for Henrico.

Hope this helps!

Edit:
Here's that discussion I had mentioned.
http://forums.radioreference.com/vi...-forum/97609-chesterfield-pd-zones-beats.html

vascanner

Henrico is covered by three radio "channels", West, North and South. HPD is divided between West/North/South. West and North Police units operated from the HQ building on Parham Road. South units operated from the district station near the airport.

West is the west part of county to the RR tracks that parallel Staples Mill Road

Central is from the RR Tracks the parallel Staples Mill Road, to roughly the Richmond Nascar Track

South is from the Richmond Nascar Track to the eastern end of the county.

There are roughly 9 zones in the county........with smaller beats inside each zone. 100 series cars are midnight shift, 200 series cars are day shift, 300 series cars are evening shift. It gets way more complicated from there according to a guy who works there......Sgts, Lts, special units, K9, traffic, motorcycles etc....

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Richmond Patrol Areas

Here are the Richmond Patrol areas

Attachments

• mapSectorOperations.gif
    mapSectorOperations.gif
    22 KB · Views: 1,598

gcgrotz

Hmmm, I notice the smallest areas coincide with the highest crime rates...

I also notice it is a long way from one end of 311 to the other....

Status
Not open for further replies.