Stars radio id list

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

does anyone have a list of confirmed stars radio id list? i see a bunch of different ids and i was just wondering if i could put a radio id to like a car number

SCPD

QRT
I have put some Dispatcher Radio ID's from various agencies. Police unit Radio ID's aren't always the same, one day VSP unit 1554 could have RID of 554 and the next day he'll have 2234, so they are some what different most of the time

SCPD

QRT
Don't know why the link didn't work. Try it manually, go to the STARS system page then go to the wiki.

N4FTN

Premium Subscriber
On STARS...... Radio ID's should substantially be the same for individuals throughout the system with assigned vehicles. This can change occasionally when an individual uses a different vehicle during extended repairs, etc to the original vehicle. Most have two radio ID's.... mobile is one ID; portable is a second ID. Each is grouped by like numbers in a given agency and aren't random (i.e. mobiles are in a group; portables in a different group). You can figure out which is which just by listening and/or watching the traffic on Trunker or a similar system tracking program.

I've entered them for my area for various agencies as I've captured them and they remain very consistent over time except for the very occasional deviation for vehicle repairs, special ops, etc. as mentioned.....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is a known bug in the forums that doesn't parse the URL correctly if the last character is a parenthesis. If this happens to you, to get around it, simply surround the URL with the url tags, and you should be good to go

Also if you are adding Radio IDs to an article, please put it in the RID/UID Lists category at the bottom of the article, like so...

[[Category:RID/UID Lists]]

TIA

Mike

jvdet

Looking at the WIKI it lists only 3 ID's for state Police the rest are for the Marine Resources or is there another site - looking for the Eastern Shore ID's

reconrider8

On STARS...... Radio ID's should substantially be the same for individuals throughout the system with assigned vehicles. This can change occasionally when an individual uses a different vehicle during extended repairs, etc to the original vehicle. Most have two radio ID's.... mobile is one ID; portable is a second ID. Each is grouped by like numbers in a given agency and aren't random (i.e. mobiles are in a group; portables in a different group). You can figure out which is which just by listening and/or watching the traffic on Trunker or a similar system tracking program.

I've entered them for my area for various agencies as I've captured them and they remain very consistent over time except for the very occasional deviation for vehicle repairs, special ops, etc. as mentioned.....

i kinda figured that about like nc viper system its just hard to monitor the system and listen at the same time thats why i was asking if anyone had a list made up that i could look at and see if i could start putting ids to cars and such

SCPD

QRT
I don't really put RID's in for Police units, more Fire units and the Dispatcher you can idenify.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
With the PSR-800 you can read radio ID's and do something with them. I generally don't, but have made some observations about them from time to time. Like chanman13, I'm mostly interested in identifying consoles, airframes, etc. I think that there are also some limitations, such as not getting good or consistent ID info for units not on the tower you're tuned to.

It's a lot of work, because the 800 won't record radio IDs. You have to watch it in action. Ditto for Pro96com. If you don't hear the transmission from a given ID number, you can only guess at what it is. It would be fun to delve into, but pretty time-consuming. I've had to suspend my efforts.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

reconrider8

yea i have a pro 106 and i have done the same in the past but its so hard when they have such fast transmissions trying to catch the number then process who they said they are

N4FTN

Premium Subscriber
Though time consuming, I have mapped a high percentage (>85%) of the Roanoke Co/City P25 system Radio ID's using Trunker. It is easier to capture in Trunker because the transmissions are logged by Radio ID and the TG the radio is on. This includes "joins" and TG changes even when there are no radio transmissions. At first I create a generic label in Trunker (PD Co Unit, FD City Unit, PD Co Dispatch, etc) for a new Radio ID and then later, while listening, will change the label to a specific unit number as they come up on the system. (i.e. PD Co Unit becomes PD Co 1154 M; FD City Unit becomes FD City Engine 3 M). I use an M or P for mobile or portable..... those Radio ID groups of numbers become apparent as you continue through mapping and with careful listening. There are usually multiple FD portables assigned to a piece of apparatus and that can be confusing at first.

The Radio ID plan becomes apparent pretty quickly. That is, what groups of numbers are used for FD, PD, Sheriff's Office, mobiles/portables and other city/county functions. The dispatch ID's are easy to identify as well. I then use the data I've gathered from Trunker to create the Radio ID Group in programming my 996XT that displays the unit label on transmission.

I also use color coding of the labels for the various units (i.e. red for FD; blue for PD; different shades of blue for the two PD jurisdictions on one system, etc.). You can become pretty creative. In Trunker the system activity becomes very visual when you've mapped a good deal of a system. And, the radio ID's yet to be mapped are very apparent.

Hope this makes sense....... Are there other listeners out there mapping systems? What are your tips and tricks?

reconrider8

do you have anything for the stars system? i dont have a county system around me so much i have state wide viper so its a lil harder to do it then a county system because there is alot more units that can run on it then just the normal stuff but i like that idea

reconrider8

thats cool its nice to have people that will do that as they monitor i would and try to when i get a chance but most of the time i forget who they said they were before i can find the id to label it

Status
Not open for further replies.