Control channel issue with Richmond City using a 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I programmed in the correct rebanded frequency of 853.95. The frequency on the display in scan mode is 853.9625, for some reason, and I'm not receiving any transmissions at all. Any help would be appreciated.

wtp

double check

i would make a new system and put in the red AND blue channels
don't worry about the name and groups, just quick and dirty to see if it works
one county down here change their control channel to a totally new frequency so search around
do a scan of 851 to 866 and see what is around. listen for the control channel

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

That's not what crazyjim is asking. His scanner is incrementing up 12.5 kc when he tries to program 853.95. He's asking how to program the control freq without the scanner incrementing up.

wtp

k.i.s.s.

i am just trying to rule out a mistype like 853.975 put in as 853.957 which would then come up 853.9625.
yes it is a voice channel but you never know how the system he set up is really set up or what might have changed. the county north of me add a new channel and made it a control channel so things would be quiet.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I did check several times. A mistype is always a possibility. 853.95 was typed correctly. According to the database and several forum threads, this is the correct rebanded control channel for the Richmond City portion of the Richmond/Henrico/Chrsterfield system. I think I'm going to invest in a computer program when I get my next paycheck and download the system directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K4xdx

Premium Subscriber
I could clone it to my radio if you are interested. I have a Gre PSR-500 & 600 and just sold a RS Pro-106. I use Arc-500 to program the radios. I have Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield, Va State Police, and Hanover trunked systems along with some ham radio stuff (you could just leave that scan list off) Email me if interested.

Darrell, K4xdx

rvawatch

Did you ever figure out the issue? I am having the same problem on my 396xt. Thanks.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I haven't figured out the issues yet. One of the forum members was nice enough to clone his programming onto my previous scanner (a PRO-106) and I've been using that ever since. The Uniden has become an expensive paperweight. I'm still in the market for a solution if someone has one, though.

W4UVV

396XT Programing Help Offer

I haven't figured out the issues yet. One of the forum members was nice enough to clone his programming onto my previous scanner (a PRO-106) and I've been using that ever since. The Uniden has become an expensive paperweight. I'm still in the market for a solution if someone has one, though.

I have a 396XT/996XTs and Uniden programing software. If you bring your HT to my location I will program it for most of the state of Virginia's city/county radio systems plus other selected systems (24,800 frequencies) while you wait. I live in Prince George Co. near Ft. Lee. If interested PM me for more details.

John
W4UVV

rvawatch

No I didn't. I'm using FreeScan. I just changed the system from a Motorola 800mhz standard type II to Motorola custom/reband type II. Is there a custom system band plan for this system? I don't see it on the database. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.