Franklin County's New P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Been trying to monitor the new Franklin County P-25 system the last couple of days. Franklin County (VA) Trunking System, Rocky Mount, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

From what FCC information I can find, it is an eight site simulcast system, comprised of six frequency pairs. Sites are licensed on two separate FCC licenses: WQTP670 and WQTP512.

Here is the system data I am seeing over the air (all values in HEX):
Network Address (WACN).....beeØØ
System/Region ID...........349
System NAC.................342
RF SUB-SITE ID.............Ø1
RF SITE ID.................Ø2

Today I heard some traffic on Fire Dispatch (TGID 401). It was somewhat distorted, and sounded like there was an echo. I am wondering if someone was transmitting and the audio was feeding back from a second radio, with the digital latency time causing the echo?

Comments/additional information?

Last edited:

chiefsames

franklin co is testing their system I can hear them on dec 420 but its not real clear at all.420 is sheriff dept

bmfd

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if someone can help me? I specifically purchased a Whistler TRX-1 to monitor the new Franklin County frequencies. I downloaded all local frequencies through the Whistler software. I can pick up VSP (Salem) and Lifeguard Helos fine. I am having a lot of trouble picking up the Franklin County trunked frequencies. They seldom lock in and when they do they are very weak. Thank you for the map....I can see the antenna at site E out my window. Squelch is set at lowest threshhold.

I'm 62, confused as heck and remember putting crystals in my very first scanner. :). Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much

bmfd

Premium Subscriber

bmfd

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know which local Motorola shop will be maintaining the new Franklin Co. system?
Kanes Communications in Salem did the installation in all the vehicles. I'm guessing it will be them.

-S

Status
Not open for further replies.