Recommendations for Virginia Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerin757

I currently own a Whistler TRX-1 and I live in Virginia Beach VA. I am monitoring VB police and fire. I am getting a lot of distorting and missing transmissions. Thinking of getting a Unication G4 or G5 for these systems. Can you guys advise me on which would be better for my purposes? I have watched all the videos but just can't tell which one to buy. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bep

Premium Subscriber
I too had a terrible time monitoring Va. Beach. At home my solution was a yagi antenna aimed at one site. This was pretty good but not perfect. Going mobile was not good for reception at all.

I pulled the plug and got a G5. This way I was able to monitor Va. Beach and STARS. (not at the same time).

The G5 just works, PERIOD. Remember it is not a scanner and there are limitations. But if you cannot receive anything clearly what good is the scanner for your purpose.

rangerin757

Thanks for the reply bep. So, just to confirm, the G5 will work for Va. Beach and STARS? I am about to order it and just want to make sure before I drop 600.00 bucks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.