Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I have to monitor only the stars radio on a apx radio but I can't find out the VHF band plan, so I gave up but the band plan up here is not working with my scanner. Please help

troymail

Silent Key
What scanner are you using?

I believe the system transmits the band plan in the control channel data. I drove up I-95 last week and down through Norfolk over the last couple of days and was receiving STARS using default ("auto") settings. I heard the system on multiple scanners/radios of different vendors without programming a bandplan.

I did a quick search and found this post that lists the bandplan data and it seems to match what I captured in my logs (should you need to manually configure it for some reason).

Alnesbitt

I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2. I have been successful in programming all the local fire/ems/sheriff.

But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to program the STAR system into this radio. Any help is greatly appreciated.

fredva

Feed Provider
I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2. I have been successful in programming all the local fire/ems/sheriff.

But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to program the STAR system into this radio. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Which software are you using for the programming?

Alnesbitt

I just upgraded to RR premium subscription and was able to load the STARS system, but picking up any traffic yet, any tips on fine tuning it

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you loaded the entire system, make sure your location is set correctly in the scanner so it knows what part of the system to scan.

If you didn't load the entire system, that's most likely the problem. The typical error is that talkgroups are loaded, but not sites, so the scanner has nothing to scan. Talkgroups are not scanned, sites are what is scanned, and if you don't import at least one site within reception range, you won't be able to receive anything.

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
Here is a band plan off Pro96com on Site 223 made yesterday if that helps.

Thanks! This is great info and I wish more people posted this for all the P25 systems.

I have added the IDEN (Channel Plan) to the STARS wiki page. Again, I wish more people would add the IDEN tables for all the P25 systems

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Thanks! This is great info and I wish more people posted this for all the P25 systems.

I have added the IDEN (Channel Plan) to the STARS wiki page. Again, I wish more people would add the IDEN tables for all the P25 systems

The IDEN tables will help add to our knowledge base. Thank You!

I have been trying to keep up with the Site NAC's, submitting them when found and confirmed. Every little bit helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.