VSP Fairfax

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejnetguru

Q:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see it anywhere. Anyone know the distinction between Fairfax 1 and Fairfax 2 VSP groups? I hear distinct roll-calls after midnight but content on both groups seems to be all over the NoVA area leading me to believe it's not a a geographical distinction.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Fairfax 2 is Arlington and Fairfax counties Fairfax 1 is Loudoun and Prince William

cpetraglia

Its a little more complicated than that. Fx 1 is more or less west of the Beltway and inside the beltway north on 395 to the DC line. Fx 2 is 95 south of the beltway to the Pr. William county line.

If you listen long enough you'll figure it out pretty easily. I believe there is a zone map on the VSP website.

mejnetguru

The map noted is only the division map (AKA FFX is Division 7), not the zone breakdown of intra-division unfortunately.

I still can't seem to make sense, I hear FFX 1 and FFX 2 discussing events all over the place both north and south of I-395. Seems like the break up might not just be along the interstates. I heard FFX 2 discussing Route 28 (well west of the beltway and north of I-66) earlier.

I'll keep trying.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
That map is so old. That's for the old conventional system. Most of the data does not apply anymore

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily the frequencies but the Ch numbers and their location might clear up where Fairfax 1& 2 are

kc4jgc

Its a little more complicated than that. Fx 1 is more or less west of the Beltway and inside the beltway north on 395 to the DC line. Fx 2 is 95 south of the beltway to the Pr. William county line.

If you listen long enough you'll figure it out pretty easily. I believe there is a zone map on the VSP website.

What I said was based on info that was posted here some years ago by (I believe) W4UVV.
Other than that, check this page on the VSP site:
Virginia State Police - BFO Division 7

From this I'd surmise that Areas 11, 45 & 48 are on ch 6 (FFX 1); Areas 9 & 10 are on ch 7 (FFX 2).
You ALWAYS hear the old vhf channel designation on the air, never the talk group name.

I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm in the area and not driving to see whether this is correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.