Baofeng Radio- How to connect to Chesapeake Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
There frequencie is 852.67500 WPMA403 M 293 NAC CPD T/A Police Talkaround P25 Law Talk

I really want to listen to it.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
You can't.

You need a radio or scanner capable of receiving P25 modulated signals. A Baofeng won't do P25 or 800MHz. You'll need a Motorola or Harris or anything similar that does P25 in the 800MHz range.

Now, you probably won't hear anything on there, you may, or you may not. The city of Chesapeake is on a 700MHz trunked system, so you'll need a scanner capable of monitoring a P25 Phase II system.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8865

kc4jgc

From a local to the OP:

Baofengs won't receive in the range; agreement with what everyone has said.

Before Chesapeake transitioned from mixed analog/digital system to the current P25, I'd been able to copy the simplex transmissions in P25 phase 1 on that freq when I was nearby. It's likely to still be in the clear but I haven't heard anything recently. I'm thinking all city has transitioned from p1 to p2 as I haven't heard anything in a few months now; I don't have a p2 capable scanner yet to confirm.

Eugene

The only talkgroups in Chesapeake which are using P25 PII are CBN. All the others are still PI so you don't need a PII capable scanner AT THIS TIME. However the system as they have it set up is almost impossible to monitor unless you are in certain locales within the city. That might be why you cannot hear much on their system.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

Also in reviewing the system, it seems the ONLY encrypted groups are the school buses. Not SWAT, Not hostage negtiators, not special ops.......??????????????

Eugene KG4AVE

kc4jgc

Also in reviewing the system, it seems the ONLY encrypted groups are the school buses. Not SWAT, Not hostage negtiators, not special ops.......??????????????

Eugene KG4AVE
I have found that interesting as well. I guess they want to control information in case one of their busses is ever involved in an accident. :/

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

fredva

Feed Provider
I have found that interesting as well. I guess they want to control information in case one of their busses is ever involved in an accident. :/

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Or keep students' names from being heard when they are reported as misbehaving, which bus drivers sometimes do.

Status
Not open for further replies.