Veteran's Cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Commtronics Midlothian site

FYI attached is a partial screen capture of an analog/DMR LTR from my frequency database of the Commtronics Midlothian site. I have not monitored this LTR in a long time. In my opinion, as you can see, Commtronics selected certain frequencies from different their Midlothian, Chesterfield Co. and Petersburg sites basically creating a new hybrid LTR site. I could not find any FCC license modifications reflecting these selected picked frequencies changes. It was a very frustrating effort attempting to figure who was what where.

I just monitored 452.2375 mhz. and one of the LTR user's appears to be Veteran's Cab analog. This is their "home" default frequency during low volume LTR activity. During high volume activity check 463.5875 mhz. if not programed as a LTR.

John
W4UVV

Attachments

• Veterans Cab.jpg
    Veterans Cab.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 145

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Veteran's Cab is no longer on our LTR system. I'm not sure what they're using now, if radios at all. What you will hear on LTR is Your Taxi and Airport Taxi (one talkgroup each).

S.B. Cox (One talkgroup for Demolition, one for Ready Mix) is certainly still the biggest user on LTR but we're trying to move everyone over to our Capacity Plus system and the advantages it offers.

WB4UR_Sean

Okay :) Thank you, both.

John, I still have a Directory CD from 2005 that I bought from you, years ago. Good to see you on here.
I finally passed the Extra back in 2015, and I my call now, is WB4UR.

W4UVV

Veterans Cab Update

Veteran's Cab is no longer on our LTR system. I'm not sure what they're using now, if radios at all. What you will hear on LTR is Your Taxi and Airport Taxi (one talkgroup each).

S.B. Cox (One talkgroup for Demolition, one for Ready Mix) is certainly still the biggest user on LTR but we're trying to move everyone over to our Capacity Plus system and the advantages it offers.

--------------
Thanks for the update. For me, unfortunately, almost all taxi comms tend to sound the same and use the same lingo. Regarding the relocation from 452 mhz. are you referring to the CP 461.5125 mhz. and related frequencies? If so, will the unused 452 mhz. associated frequencies began a new life such as use of digital non-voice data comms? I doubt they would revert to an inactive status. Anyway, thanks again.

John
W4UVV

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I only listen to them if a problem is reported so I know what you mean!

We're slowly migrating our old analog LTR channels over to the Cap + system. Right now, one repeater is for data while all of the others are for voice. We have a number of customers with integrated GPS that send their location information that way. If there ever becomes a need for more data handling, we'll dedicate another repeater.

W4UVV

Okay :) Thank you, both.

John, I still have a Directory CD from 2005 that I bought from you, years ago. Good to see you on here.
I finally passed the Extra back in 2015, and I my call now, is WB4UR.

---------------

Sean,

Congratulations on the extra class ham license. That is an achievement to be very proud of and few hams ever strive for...myself included. I never got over the 1967 ARRL recommendations to the FCC to change amateur radio licensing requirements which did occur. Only the ARRL thought there was a problem with current licensed hams not wanting to upgrade their license. It was called "incentive" licensing.

The end result was many thousands of General Class licensed hams, myself included, were punished with the loss, I believe, of approximately 25khz operating frequency spectrum on each band 75 through 10 meters. Some things I never will forget and this is one of them.

Regarding the frequency/user Virginia database, it is a dynamic entity with minimally weekly FCC adds/modifications which requires a significant amount of time itself exclusive of what I may have heard of interest or provided me from reputable sources.

One thing I never have understood about FCC licensing actions is after an initial license is issued, sometimes subsequently another impacting action occurs which seems to me a modification to the old license but results in a new callsign with the same initial licensing info. For situations I suspect, I do a database frequency search and sure enough I find the same basic info excluding for example, adding a new frequency. I make the appropriate change to the basic info and change the old callsign to the new one. Otherwise, I will have basically two dupes, one with an additional change.

Last year I manually researched thousands of older licenses which took three months confirming their status. The result was I removed about 17,000 expired licenses. The risk of doing such is a few active users continue to operate on expired licenses.

As I predicted 5+ years ago I saw the trend of more modifying and issuing of FCC licenses for NXDN and MOTOTRBO emission modes which have for the past two years have dominated and continue to dominate the majority of FCC license actions. Anyone who doesn't have NXDN/MOTOTRBO monitoring capability is missing an increasing percentage of active radio users of listening interest.

John
W4UVV.

W4UVV

Update

You're welcome. I only listen to them if a problem is reported so I know what you mean!

We're slowly migrating our old analog LTR channels over to the Cap + system. Right now, one repeater is for data while all of the others are for voice. We have a number of customers with integrated GPS that send their location information that way. If there ever becomes a need for more data handling, we'll dedicate another repeater.

Understood...tnx...appreciate your info. When any future changes occur please send me a PM.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.