VSP on TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arhodes

All,

I am questioning my VSP setup on my TRX-1. I believe i have it programmed correctly however i am not picking up any traffic. Could you all take a look at my picture to see if it seems correct

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 356

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
You only have the Glen Allen tower on your site list. You probably want have the Midlothian tower as well. Also try changing the mode from NFM to FM and see if it makes a difference.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Looks like a manually created config - did you try importing from the library (is the library up to date)?

Ditto to the above. You might have better luck if you import what you need from the Library. I don't know why, but when I manually program a system on the TRX-1 it doesn't work too well, but when importing from the library and editing that, it works great.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Ditto to the above. You might have better luck if you import what you need from the Library. I don't know why, but when I manually program a system on the TRX-1 it doesn't work too well, but when importing from the library and editing that, it works great.

I think I see a possible answer. All the local CC's are programmed together into a single site, like we would've in the PSR500. This might cause the radio,to fall in love with a CC that's not the best.

I'd advocate a library download where all sites are separate, and just lock out the ones you don't think you need. It may be willing to shop for a new site before it decides to reevaluate the freqs in an existing one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
I think I see a possible answer. All the local CC's are programmed together into a single site, like we would've in the PSR500. This might cause the radio,to fall in love with a CC that's not the best.

I'd advocate a library download where all sites are separate, and just lock out the ones you don't think you need. It may be willing to shop for a new site before it decides to reevaluate the freqs in an existing one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To expand on this - to have more control, many times I do the complete opposite.... I'll import several/all sites of a system and then split them into different systems as far as the scanner and EZ Scan are concerned. In doing this, I get to select the site (or even multiple sites) I want the radio to try to scan at any given time.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
To expand on this - to have more control, many times I do the complete opposite.... I'll import several/all sites of a system and then split them into different systems as far as the scanner and EZ Scan are concerned. In doing this, I get to select the site (or even multiple sites) I want the radio to try to scan at any given time.

Ditto again. Works better than letting the scanner hold on to a control channel until it decides otherwise, even if others are within range.

mejnetguru

I've long had the same problem CVASSB does. My non-TRX Whistler/GRE scanners connected to the same (external) antenna as the TRX (via a multicoupler) pick up STARS just fine. The TRX is sometimes dead, often "Donald Duck", and always misses/cuts off traffic even if I have it locked on a single site or even a single CC. I've yet to find any ATT/ADC/DSP settings that make any difference. Local 800 Mhz system even worse, though that is likely mostly due to simulcast but again, the older scanners pick it up perfect, simulcast or not. And in both cases I live less than 2 miles to the towers.

I've given up and just use TRX for analog, sad that my "best" scanner is relegated to the "old" stuff.

W3DMV

A couple ideas to try. Your showing four
sites programmed. 3 of them as “Motorola”
and 1 as P25. Change them all to P25.
Also under the “site options”, if not already
selected, select “Auto Fill” box for all sites.
My Whistler is programmed that way and
it works well...
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.