Franklin County upgrade / changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4tmb

Radio maintenance has been working on the system for several days, yesterday afternoon my 996p2 went silent. I live in a fringe area but have a decent outside antenna. Haven't been having problems hearing them before. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm thinking they either changed to a new control channel freq.or switched to a different repeater site that is out of range or shadowed from my location.
I'm hearing fire /ems dispatch on their vhf pager freq.but nothing on 800mhz. Seems like a lot of call dispatch messages on vhf so I'm thinking it's not just me. Haven't heard them assign any working channels to responding units either.
Yes I have all the listed repeater freqs listed programed for the system. Not using CCO.
Thanks

kd4tmb

Are you located in Franklin County? I'm in the snow creek area and in a fringe reception area. I figure they changed some radiation patterns and dropped signal here. I might have to invest in a yagi antenna. Currently using an all directional antenna about 35 feet above ground. I'll put the scanner in the truck this week and do some testing. Thanks for letting me know you are receiving them.

kd4tmb

Put up a small yagi, solved my problem. The new system sure has a lot of dead areas in it.

greggyboy88

I am on the North face of Grassy Hill running a 536 with the stock antenna. Half a mile or less from the tower on Grassy Hill. Haven’t noticed any difference, but I get a strong signal being so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.