Elizabeth River Crossings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I am curious if anyone in the Tidewater area has been monitoring the new DMR system for the Midtown and Downtown tunnels. The system has me stumped, esp. with the same frequency, 463.2375 having BOTH CC1 and CC2 and BOTH Slot 1 and Slot 2 with 2 different talk groups. Have entered them conventional with ID search and DMR slot to any, 1 Freq trunked with both frequencies and the CC/Slots/TG as listed, w/o listing CC and Slots to any with ID search, digital modulation, and just about every possible permutation that I could think of (which isn't much as I am admittedly behind the learning curve with DMR programming). I am using ARC536 software, Any ideas......???? Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE

W4UVV

Try this

Greetings. I am curious if anyone in the Tidewater area has been monitoring the new DMR system for the Midtown and Downtown tunnels. The system has me stumped, esp. with the same frequency, 463.2375 having BOTH CC1 and CC2 and BOTH Slot 1 and Slot 2 with 2 different talk groups. Have entered them conventional with ID search and DMR slot to any, 1 Freq trunked with both frequencies and the CC/Slots/TG as listed, w/o listing CC and Slots to any with ID search, digital modulation, and just about every possible permutation that I could think of (which isn't much as I am admittedly behind the learning curve with DMR programming). I am using ARC536 software, Any ideas......???? Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE

FYI I use the ARC436/536PRO version .99 Build 5. I did not install the latest update version because I did not like the updated files display prior to adding or saving to my FLs list. In my database I also show 461.4750 mhz. as one of the DMR frequencies used. I don't have a callsign. Create a new trs. Select "Add". Select "New MOTOTRBO trunked system" using both frequencies. Enter the remaining file info as appropriate. Color code = 1.

John
W4UVV

n4jri

Premium Subscriber

Eugene KG4AVE

Hey Eugene, also try 462.225 and see if you get the same or different TG's. I stumbled onto it a while back. Found slot 1 dealt mostly with downtown tunnel and Berkeley Bridge. Slot 2 seemed devoted to the Midtown Tunnel. There was a nightly radio check somewhere around 10p. Don't have my logs with me, but did some recording back in the winter and wrote down a fair amount of stuff in hopes of matching radio IDs to various 'stations'.

Was hoping to find my personal fave ERC entity, the Jordan Bridge emergency response vehicle, a 4d pickup. No joy thus far...

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eugene

Thanks John and Allen. 461.475 and 462.225 aren't listed in the database for Elizabeth River Crossings in the RR database under DOT/District 5/Hampton Roads. Will give them a try and enter as instructed and see..........thanks

Eugene KG4AVE

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Thanks John and Allen. 461.475 and 462.225 aren't listed in the database for Elizabeth River Crossings in the RR database under DOT/District 5/Hampton Roads. Will give them a try and enter as instructed and see..........thanks

Eugene KG4AVE

I found 462.225 by accident while in Virginia Beach. It's a BF888 test freq, so I scan it pretty often. Started listening to it because at first I thought it might be some kind of security freq. An FCC database search shows it licensed to Tidewater Communications in VA Beach along with repeaters on 452.4375, 463.2375 and 464.0625. No indication of trunking that I can detect.

Here's what I recorded & logged:

CC1, TS1, TG1001 radio ID's:
14 - Berkeley Plaza
15 - unit 405 ?
17 - Station 1
18 - Station 2
19 - Station 3
20 - Station 4
21 - Station 5
27 - Berkeley Bridge
29 - Downtown Tunnel
38 - Downtown Tunnel (addressing various 'stations')

CC1, TS2, TG1002 radio ID's:
11 - sounds like ISB or SSB addressing Midtown Tunnel
16 - Pinners Point
23 - "15" addressing Midtown
31 - Midtown (base station)
32 - Midtown (base station)
36 - "midtown" heard - unknown if I heard Midtown, or someone addressing it
40 - AC Plaza (?) "switching to tactical 1"
71 - maintenance
92 - "12"

If I recall correctly, there were at least four TG's on the original freqs. Only found two here, and no changes of timeslot or overlapping of radio IDs to indicate a trunk. When radio ID 40 switched to Tactical 1, I heard nothing else, and have to assume that there's another DMR freq.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I’m wondering if the Jordan Bridge is on this system, I’ve been stumped on this system too, in Uniden sentinel do you enter it as a MotorTrbo system or DMR one frequency?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
This system has me stumped using Sentinel, do I add it as a MotoTRBO trucked system, DMR one frequency or Conventional with the Color Codes set for each one?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
This system has me stumped using Sentinel, do I add it as a MotoTRBO trucked system, DMR one frequency or Conventional with the Color Codes set for each one?

On the TRX, I just enter the freq as conventional in the DMR mode with no filters for CC, TS, TG, etc. That way, you don't miss something that might be unusual.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Did anyone ever fine out what is up with the tunnel DMR system?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yea

Yeah that’s why I was wondering if it said any of that because it may be trucking

Eugene

Have not gotten any voice whatsoever so I cant say at this time. This is my first foray into the DMR world....I don't see any evidence of a control channel so I suspect it is conventional.

Eugene

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
ERC

Well I put all the frequencies in and have not hear anything either.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Well I’m thinking with other similar DMR systems, i think I have come to the conclusion that ERC is trunked, gonna try and program it in a number of ways and will post results

Status
Not open for further replies.