Two Counties gone quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

randythomas

Premium Subscriber
Both Nelson County and now Prince Edward County Sheriffs Depts have changed frequencies. It was confirmed to me by a VSP friend today but he didn't know the new frequencies. I checked RR FCC for any new licenses for both and there have been no new licenses issued recently. For some of you long timers how can I go about go finding new frequencies for both these important counties. By the way only Sheriff's Depts changed frequencies. All fire, Em's and local police in each county stayed and didn't change freqs. Please help me.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Okay I ll try that thanks much

If you're using CTCSS or DCS, try turning it off. I think PESO has changed squelch codes at least once. Am heading thru there Saturday and will also try. Can't speak to Nelson.

73/Allen (n4JRI)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
If you're using CTCSS or DCS, try turning it off. I think PESO has changed squelch codes at least once. Am heading thru there Saturday and will also try. Can't speak to Nelson.

73/Allen (n4JRI)

One thought...have you tried 460.2375?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/

randythomas

Premium Subscriber
Yes friend people know how to searchscan I used that for three weeks trying to find them with no results. Have been a scanner enthusiastic for 48 years since 1970 so I do know a little something about scanners. Don't be sofast to judge people friend. I thought that's what the forums were for. Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Both Nelson County and now Prince Edward County Sheriffs Depts have changed frequencies. It was confirmed to me by a VSP friend today but he didn't know the new frequencies. I checked RR FCC for any new licenses for both and there have been no new licenses issued recently. For some of you long timers how can I go about go finding new frequencies for both these important counties. By the way only Sheriff's Depts changed frequencies. All fire, Em's and local police in each county stayed and didn't change freqs. Please help me.

Is it possible they joined?
Virginia Statewide Agencies Radio System (STARS) P25 Phase 1

reconrider8

Yes friend people know how to searchscan I used that for three weeks trying to find them with no results. Have been a scanner enthusiastic for 48 years since 1970 so I do know a little something about scanners. Don't be sofast to judge people friend. I thought that's what the forums were for. Thanks

no judgement made my friend i was just asking a simple question. you put forth the effort to try and find before you asked thats all that matters.

MotoTRK

Is it possible they joined?
Virginia Statewide Agencies Radio System (STARS) P25 Phase 1

NO! The few counties who are on STARS has to fight long and hard to get that and even then their radios are state owned and state maintained and they pay the state for the services. STARS has been exclusive to state agencies only from day 1 unlike VIPER in NC where everyone under the sun has access as long as they ask nicely.

randythomas

Premium Subscriber
I also checked FCC new licenses and nothing there except same old frequencies. Contacted some fireman friends and they confirmed Prince Edward and Nelson had changed and they said the local volunteer fireman were pissed as they to could no longer received either Dept on their hand held scanners. Also just went to the bottom of the water tank where P Edward has their antenna trying for bleedover or frequencies scan dear close to antenna no luck. Just thought somebody might know something that I have missed checking. Thanks to all and will send RR the updated frequencies when I find them.

randythomas

Premium Subscriber

73/Allen (n4JRI)

One thought...have you tried 460.2375?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/

Yep 460.2375 was their active channel before they went quite and Nelson County was 159.150 before they disappeared.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Nelson is P25 if that helps I dont know the frequiencies off the top of my head

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Try these for Nelson:

159.15000 P25 repeater output KRT832 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
154.72500 P25 repeater input or simplex KRT832 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
155.70000 P25 repeater output KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
155.95500 FM repeater output KZI264 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
158.85000 P25 repeater output KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
153.84500 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
153.87500 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
153.92000 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
153.96500 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
153.98000 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
154.99500 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
155.67000 P25 repeater input or simplex KRT832 - NELSON, COUNTY OF
156.01500 P25 repeater input or simplex KW7267 - NELSON, COUNTY OF

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening

Great memory. Thank you.

Now, the next step is to assign [current] frequencies / tones / NAC's to the below list.

Nelson County Fire Radio Channel Plan

• 1. Fire/Rescue (Sugarloaf)
  • 2. Fire/Rescue (Devil's)
  • 3. Fire/Rescue (Woods)
  • 4. Fireground Tac 2
  • 5. EMS 3 Tac 3
  • 6. G/S (Sugarloaf)
  • 7. G/S (Devils)
  • 8. G/S (Woods)
  • 9. Fire/Rescue Talkaround
  • 10. EMS 1
  • 11. EMS 2