VDOT Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
I hope someone can help me regarding the frequencies for VDOT. I loaded the most current ones listed on Radio Reference site. I have also put in the pl's but have not received one transmission on any frequency. I have also done a search from 45.00 to 50.00 and can't pick up anything there either. I am in Loudoun Co so I would figure to be able to at least receive the Leesburg office. I am using a BC250D scanner. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
OK. I just figured they used these frequencies even when it wasn't snowing. I will keep an ear open. Thanks.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
With the exception of 47.04 which is used primarily in northern virginia for vdot motor assistance patrols in which VDOT also has VSP radio's too. They hardly talk on there frequencies, but when the snow starts falling you will hear them.
R Collins
p.s
I work in Merrifield for United Rentals 2 blocks away from the VDOT yard with the big radio tower in it.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Great. Thanks much. I finally heard some traffic on 47.04 but none of the others are active. Guess that will have to do.

Starion

My old radio doesn't have PL capability. Do I really need to program a PL to listen to VDOT? Maybe that's why I'm not hearing the trucks in Northern Virginia. :oops:

kg4icg said:
I work in Merrifield for United Rentals 2 blocks away from the VDOT yard with the big radio tower in it.

I actually live south of the big TV tower. I'm near Fairfax Hospital. :) Maybe I'll hear you a two meter repeater someday.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
no you don't need a pl tone to hear them and you could have heard me thisad morning around 7 amm on the 146.910 talking with w4bu, aa4mc, and one other
R Collins

Starion

kg4icg said:
no you don't need a pl tone to hear them and you could have heard me thisad morning around 7 amm on the 146.910 talking with w4bu, aa4mc, and one other
R Collins

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll keep listening to VDOT and the 146.910 repeater.

Sim B.

Starion

I heard some routine communications on 47.04. I think a VDOT truck was requesting a tow truck. I haven't heard anything else on the other 47 MHz channels though.

The next time I go to Richmond, I'll listen to VDOT.

Skidmo

Premium Subscriber
VDOT

They are always chating it up in Fauquier County on 47.34. To the South a bit they can be heard on 47.36.

S

kc4jgc

On 3 separate trips this week on I-95/495 and the Dulles Toll Road/Greenway, the majority of VDOT traffic seemed to be on .34....

Keep the other freqs programmed; I'm sure they're in use as well.

Samuel

Last winter Loudoun was on 47.08 PL 110.9. 47.04 (PL 114.8 ) is the NoVa STC. Also anyone hearing traffic on 47.24 (PL 114.8 )? I think it may be Prince William VDOT repeater but I havent been able to confirm.

UPDATE: 47.24 PL-114.8 confirmed as in use by the Dumfries Area HQ so this must be the new VDOT repeater for PWC.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Also keep 45.76 [77.0] programmed in. That one comes up a bit.

But for the most part, VDOT is a pretty quite system. I would expect a couple of hours to pass at a time with no transmissions.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.