Code:
dsd
Error, couldn't open /dev/audio
ioctl reset error 
ioctl speed error 
ioctl stereo error 
ioctl setfmt error 
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio
/dev/audio does exist on my Linux openSuSE 11.2 distro and I am running dsd as root.
What should I look for to get dsd to work properly?
There is also a /dev/audio1 that I also tried to select with dsd -i /dev/audio1 but received the same complaint about /dev/audio

BTW, anyone know of any audio files on the Net that can be used as a sample to decode for those of us with no nearby digital?

offsite

Premium Subscriber
kilowa22,

I have heard this can happen if the audio device you are addressing is not recognized by Linux. Someone we know got this result attempting to use their onboard audio chipset which was not.

For them, this was resolved by installing an additional audio card, such as the cheap and readily available Diamond SX71, which is cited on *Ubuntu* sites as fully functional under that OS. Probably would work under SuSE, as well.

If you are using the native ALSA wave player, you likely already know how to determine audio1, audio2, et. al, by the command, aplay -l

Just in case, here's a link: Aplay - ALSA wiki

-rb-

Last edited:

IowaBrian

I get the same thing from time to time. open up the alamixer and close it and try dsd again. if still not working then do a restart and try again. Sometimes you just have to talk nice to her :)

nycap

I am getting this same error on ubuntu 12.10. has anyone figured out a fix? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.