Pro96Com won't work with Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I can't get Pro96Com to work with my Pro 96. I followed the instructions (go to a control channel, press program, function, program program), plugged it in and nothing happens. I can get Win96 to work with my Pro 96 and Pro96Com to work with my Pro 106, both with the same cable. Am I doing something wrong?

Dewey

I forget the exact sequence, but the the keys are different for using a Pro-96 with Win96 and Pro96Com. I know I found the correct key combination in the Pro96Com, but that was back before I sold my 96.

Dewey

EDIT: From page 3 of the Pro96Com v1.9.4 PDF... [PGM], [FUNC], [PGM], [PGM]. That's [PGM] twice after function.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
(go to a control channel, press program, function, program program
EDIT: From page 3 of the Pro96Com v1.9.4 PDF... [PGM], [FUNC], [PGM], [PGM]. That's [PGM] twice after function.
It appears OP used same same.;)
plugged it in and nothing happens. I can get Win96 to work with my Pro 96 and Pro96Com to work with my Pro 106, both with the same cable. Am I doing something wrong?
You may need to edit Decode Configuration to match 96/2096. Default is last scanner used...500/600/106/197 for example.

Last edited:

Dewey

It appears OP used same same.;)You may need to edit Decode Configuration to match 96/2096. Default is last scanner used...500/600/106/197 for example.

Thanks Fmon, you are absolutely right... I missed the 2nd [PGM]. I think when I saw the comment about it working with Win96, I more focused on that. Thanks again for the catch/correction...

Dewey

SCPD

QRT
You may need to edit Decode Configuration to match 96/2096. Default is last scanner used...500/600/106/197 for example.

Yeah I changed that too. When I press decode from radio all it does is disable to backlight.

nodak1crdet3

I can't get Pro96Com to work with my Pro 96. I followed the instructions (go to a control channel, press program, function, program program), plugged it in and nothing happens. I can get Win96 to work with my Pro 96 and Pro96Com to work with my Pro 106, both with the same cable. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Flintstone4680,

Never mind. I see you already tried what I was going to mention.

Last edited:

mikey60

I admit I haven't connected my PRO-96 to Pro96Com in quite some time, so I'd have to dig it out and test it. The last time I did test it thought it was working as well as can be expected.

What cable type are you using to communicate with the scanner? With the PRO-96, Pro96Com has to take an active roll in getting the data from the scanner. It has to request the control channel data and then act on the response (if any).

Assuming you're using a GRE or RS USB Cable, are you seeing any activity on the LEDs in the box in the middle of the cable?

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I admit I haven't connected my PRO-96 to Pro96Com in quite some time, so I'd have to dig it out and test it. The last time I did test it thought it was working as well as can be expected.

What cable type are you using to communicate with the scanner? With the PRO-96, Pro96Com has to take an active roll in getting the data from the scanner. It has to request the control channel data and then act on the response (if any).

Assuming you're using a GRE or RS USB Cable, are you seeing any activity on the LEDs in the box in the middle of the cable?

Mike

Yeah I got the RS USB one with the orange box. Works fine with other software/scanner combos just not this one.

apd3190

Not working for me as well. Its receiving the signal but not decoding anything. I was told that was due to the fact that the system is listed as p25 but has analog mixed in it. Will it still decode the digital if i sit on it for awhile or will i get nothing?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Not working for me as well. Its receiving the signal but not decoding anything. I was told that was due to the fact that the system is listed as p25 but has analog mixed in it. Will it still decode the digital if i sit on it for awhile or will i get nothing?
P25 with analog is likely a Motorola 3600 system <Smartzone> which Pro96com is not designed for.

Highpockets

apd3190

I will definitely try Unitrunker. Didn't know it worked with the pro 96 or would have already been on it. Trying to monitor AA county Maryland system.

SCPD

QRT
Back to the OP. Flintstone, what system are you trying to Monitor?

The MPSCS in Michigan (9600 baud all P25). It works fine with my Pro 106 like I said???

Also yes the LED's flash when I press decode data from radio.

Last edited:

apd3190

No problem. I did download it and checked it out. I figured there was a problem when during set up I didn't notice the pro 96 in the radio drop down box.

SCPD

QRT
Awesome.

Even better.

Which site are you monitoring? What are the control channels? Are you certain the channel you selected is the active control channel?

Genesee County simulcast (control frequency 868.8875). Yes, the same control channel works just fine with the Pro 106 (third time I've said that).

Status
Not open for further replies.