Dsd 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd1.4.1

it goes to megaupload site . I download it and cannot find the setup file or the exe file . any other places it could be downloaded! scankid

ilgrant

Scankid...it sounds like you want to run it in Windows. This program wasn't designed to run in Windows. It uses a different operating system called Linux.

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd1.4

i downloaded ubuntu 8.0 on the side of windows7. Is this my problem i wonder, and does that link take you to megaupload site for the dsd1.4 download. The link on radio ref.

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

i managed to download ubuntu 10.04 i followed your instructions but what password is the termial looking for.This is my last step or two in making this work!

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

thanks guys for your help but I can't get there yet! It keep saying command not found when i try typing my password. anymore possiblities I can try ?

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Is it saying 'command not found' for the make and 'sudo make install' lines? If so, then you haven't installed the compiler packages. They aren't installed by default with Ubuntu. I think all you should need is a package called 'build-essential' which gives you make and a few other compiling-related commands.

There are a few ways to install packages in Ubuntu, the simplest way to describe here is at the command line, just type:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

This will first ask for your password, then install the package (or tell you it is already installed).

Then try the commands listed previously, and see how things go...

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

i've tried your commands.I even downloaded the dsd files 3 times. the terminal won't allow me enough time to type password. I think there is something wrong with the dsd download from megaupload. when I open up the file there is no exe or setup file to be found . maybe there suppose to be like that?. the terminal also said no directory found and 3 incorrect password attempts came up because no time to type it in. other things: no such file or directory, sorry appears when trying to type password.etc. something is not right!

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

thanks ! nexus. I'am getting further now . I updated the program alittle and now i'am at the stag where syn appears with nexdn info and it comes upon the screen but can't decode any thing yet or hear anything.it ask for audio command now . i guess this is to set it on what system you want to decode and hear!

steve0622

ok, comming from another forum thread in reference to DSD and Unbuntu 10 They are incompatible.....to get the audio from DSD to work you have to use Unbuntu 8.0 or earlier.

mel1718

Thats incorrect, DSD works very good with Ubuntu 10.04, it will not work with version 10.10.

scankid

Premium Subscriber
best way to connect bcd396xt to the pc while running dsd prog is what: with the serial to usb cable or use the headphone jack? Anybody have any suggestions?

scankid

Premium Subscriber
./dsd-1.4.1/dsd_mbe.c
./dsd-1.4.1/Makefile
./dsd-1.4.1/dsd.h from scankid what is wrong it did"t ask for password ?
./dsd-1.4.1/nxdn_data.c
./dsd-1.4.1/nxdn_const.h
guest@ubuntu:~/src$ cd dsd-1.4.1/
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ sudo make install
sudo: unable to change to sudoers gid: Operation not permitted
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ yourname@ubuntu:~$ dsd
yourname@ubuntu:~$: command not found
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ Digital Speech Decoder 1.4.1
Digital: command not found
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ mbelib version 1.2.3
mbelib: command not found
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio
Audio: command not found
guest@ubuntu:~/src/dsd-1.4.1$ dsd
Digital Speech Decoder 1.4.1
mbelib version 1.2.3
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio
dsd-fi

bowser22

guys i dont mean to be rude but i think youre being oblivious to the fact that this kid has not a clue what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.