The RadioReference.com Forums

The RadioReference.com Forums (https://forums.radioreference.com/)
-   Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software (https://forums.radioreference.com/voice-control-channel-decoding-software/)
-   -   DSD Windows Port (https://forums.radioreference.com/voice-control-channel-decoding-software/227386-dsd-windows-port.html)

binome 12-07-2011 1:37 AM

DSD Windows Port

I got tired of running a ubuntu box to run DSD on, so I decided to compile it with cygwin for windows.
Provoice decodes are working fine with my pro95 discriminator tapped and running into my logitech g110 keyboard/usb sound card.

DSD 4 win DSD 4 windows - Minus.com

Feel free to try it out and lemme know if there is any problems.

n4yek 12-07-2011 10:42 AM

Digital Speech Decoder 1.4.1
mbelib version 1.2.3
Error, couldn't open /dev/audio
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio

That's all it will do.

binome 12-07-2011 1:04 PM

You need to set the command line options to tell the input and output sound interfaces to DSD to /dev/dsp normally with the -i and -o options.

I've recompiled a version enclosed that won't ask now, so if your lazy and want to decode P25,MOTOTRBO,X2-TDMA
you don't need to do anything and just click dsd.exe

dsdforwin v2 - Minus.com

LesWurk 12-07-2011 2:36 PM

Seems to work on ProVoice for me, I owe you a big one

mtindor 12-07-2011 3:01 PM

Hmm. Very tempting. I boot into Linux when I want to run DSD, no matter how inconvenient it is. I'd surely love to simply just run it in Windows.... but there is that nagging feeling when somebody new on the board posts a binary for which nobody can ensure there is no backdoor, data stealing/leakage, etc.

I'd like to think you were trustworthy, but I won't take that chance.

mike

binome 12-07-2011 3:07 PM

If you want to replicate it, install cygwin with GCC and make
run make on the mbelib
copy the output files to the dsd directory
then run

gcc -O2 -Wall -L/usr/local/lib -o dsd mbelib.o dsd_main.o dsd_symbol.o dsd_dibit.o dsd_frame_sync.o dsd_file.o dsd_audio.o dsd_serial.o dsd_frame.o dsd_mbe.o dsd_upsample.o p25p1_hdu.o p25p1_ldu1.o p25p1_ldu2.o p25p1_tdulc.o p25_lcw.o x2tdma_voice.o x2tdma_data.o dstar.o nxdn_voice.o nxdn_data.o dmr_voice.o dmr_data.o provoice.o ambe3600x2250.o imbe7200x4400.o ecc.o imbe7100x4400.o

and tada, you have an EXE.

also, my binaries are clean on virustotal.

brandon 12-07-2011 3:39 PM

This is absolutely fantastic now we can run this on Windows. I already have a Windows based radio/decoding system, so this will be perfect :) cheers mate

mtindor 12-07-2011 4:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binome (Post 1656362)
If you want to replicate it <snip>

Thanks for that info. Understand that I don't mean to suggest that you aren't on the up-and-up, but rather I'm suggesting that there is simply no way to know. I can think of a lot of people on these forums that would immediately download and execute a file such as the one you've made available without ever taking a single precaution or thinking about its origin. I just want people to think before they blindly download something from an unknown source.

I'll do as you suggest. I really wonder why nobody else has ever done this [or at least done this and then published that it compiles easily]. That includes me. why haven't I? because I didn't think it was worth the trouble only to find out that it doesn't compile.

On the other hand, you did and discovered it does compile and does work. Thanks for taking the time and initiative. This will make things much much easier for me than having to boot into Linux.

Mike

mtindor 12-07-2011 5:39 PM

Working great. Thanks, binome.

Mike

n4yek 12-07-2011 7:41 PM

works just as it does in Linux, thanks.

binome 12-07-2011 7:57 PM

The Provoice system I monitor up here in Vancouver seems to have some encrypted channels, and normally the DSD source doesn't seem to mute these, and passes what it expects are IMBE frames to the decoder libraries, resulting in a bunch of annoying garbled crap.

I've made some tweaks to the DSD source to mute these, new binary below.
dsdforwin-provoice ignore encrypt - Minus.com

n5ims 12-08-2011 12:22 AM

You should update the RR WIKI article on DSD []Bad title - The RadioReference Wiki to include the Windows version link(s) as well as any instructions on things that differ from what is currently there for the Linux version.

binome 12-08-2011 1:05 AM

Done, thanks for the heads up.

Radioman96p71 12-08-2011 9:33 AM

That is awesome, can't believe i never even TRIED to compile it in windows!! A great piece of software just got even better, thank you binome

Markb 12-08-2011 6:11 PM

So far so good here. Decoding P25 and NXDN.....STRONG WORK!!!!!

My only question is: How do you access the setup parameters?
Do the same arguments for DSD apply, such as the ones here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/dig...arguments.html

?

mtindor 12-08-2011 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markb (Post 1656920)
So far so good here. Decoding P25 and NXDN.....STRONG WORK!!!!!

My only question is: How do you access the setup parameters?
Do the same arguments for DSD apply, such as the ones here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/dig...arguments.html

?

Those are the ones, Mark.

dsd.exe -v will give you that options list

Mike

Muxlow 12-10-2011 11:18 AM

Just tested on 3 different mototrbo channels and decodes 100% :)

jhampton2000 12-10-2011 3:58 PM

What a great idea !!

I'd be interested to know what spec of PC folks are finding they need to run this.....ive had good sucess on my desktop pc (intel quad 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM) but no real luck on my netbook (dual boot linux/win xp, but which runs the linux version of DSD just fine).

Jim

jgervais83 12-10-2011 8:45 PM

Thanks for your time compiling it with Cygwin, it works very well.

I run it with an Acer 6930G (C2D T6400 2GHz/4Gb) on Windows 7 Pro + PSR-500 w/ disc. tap for decoding ProVoice. I suggest everyone to use the Line-In even with Linux for best results.

fdnybuff18 12-13-2011 1:44 AM

Do I have to install Cygwin in order to run this on my windows machine? Guess looking for a run down of the steps? Thank you for this.